SamEastie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
The title says it all really.
I'm applying for geography, and for 2 of my choices (Bristol and Lancaster) I am applying for a MSci. However, my goal is to become a chartered surveyor, so I would need to do an RICS accredited masters aswell, as neither Bristol or Lancaster are. (If I get into Durham, I will do a masters in geography there too, also not RICS accredited).

So basically, can I do 2 masters?
HJ M
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Straight answer, yes. If you are applying for any sort of finance they only give you a certain amount so you might not get it for both. Hope that helps
Manitude
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think so long as you can fund two masters you should be fine.
Could you not do a RCIS accredited masters in the first place, rather than doing two?
Ellim
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know plenty of people who have multiple Master's degrees. It's entirely possible.
However, you probably can't do two Master's in the same subject, unless you could prove that they were sufficiently different to warrant it (for example, I don't think you could just do two generic MAs in English Literature, but if the first was in Shakespeare and the second in Modern Literature then you probably could do both.)

This was my question too:
(Original post by Manitude)
Could you not do a RCIS accredited masters in the first place, rather than doing two?
Why bother with the first one when you have to do the second one anyway?
SamEastie
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Manitude)
I think so long as you can fund two masters you should be fine.
(Original post by Ellim)
I know plenty of people who have multiple Master's degrees. It's entirely possible.
However, you probably can't do two Master's in the same subject, unless you could prove that they were sufficiently different to warrant it (for example, I don't think you could just do two generic MAs in English Literature, but if the first was in Shakespeare and the second in Modern Literature then you probably could do both.)

This was my question too:

Why bother with the first one when you have to do the second one anyway?
because I'm keeping my options open, in case I change my mind, but I definitely want to do a masters either way.
Gauge/Gravity
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some people have 10: http://columbianewsservice.com/2012/...s-way-of-life/
Chloejh
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hello may someone respond .... I want to become either a marriage counseller or CBT with addiction abuse .. alcohol, gambling or drug. My idea is to now get a Bsc Hons in counseling and Psychotherapy ... followed by a masters in addiction and then to do a final masters in CBT .... am I able to do one masters followed by the other? Is this a good route to go ... anyone have any advice or ways they got into these professions through alternate routes ???
HateOCR
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads