The Student Room Group

Wearing a coat to a nightclub

I might be going out in a few days and want to wear a jacket to get there. I've only been to three or four clubs. In two you could give your jacket to someone to look after, and with the other two i didn't check, but there was a high table for drinks and we put our jackets on there.
Do most clubs have cloakrooms or do people just go without?
Depends, SUs don't really have cloakrooms

The bigger nightlclubs do.
Most places i've been to have somewhere to put your coat in (unless its the one time it reaches max capacity and theres no room in it) but the smaller bars/clubs which turn into clubs at night generally don't.
Reply 3
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Most places i've been to have somewhere to put your coat in (unless its the one time it reaches max capacity and theres no room in it) but the smaller bars/clubs which turn into clubs at night generally don't.

Ah okay, thank you :biggrin: I think they will be actual clubs, so hopefully it will be fine :smile:
Reply 4
I always chuckle at the female clubbers who head out into the bitter cold winter evenings, shivering their tits off. If you think you need a coat, take one. Bigger places will have a cloakroom, if not just pile it onto the back of a chair.
Reply 5
All clubs I have been to have cloakrooms, however finding it when you are going for the first time can be tricky.

Also I would point out that if you are pre drinking substantially, you might not even need a coat (unless its raining).

I went on a ski tour with my uni, and while it might not be recommendable, hardly anyone (girls included) wore coats despite it being well below 0 and snow being everywhere.
Reply 6
Original post by dean01234
All clubs I have been to have cloakrooms, however finding it when you are going for the first time can be tricky.

Also I would point out that if you are pre drinking substantially, you might not even need a coat (unless its raining).

I went on a ski tour with my uni, and while it might not be recommendable, hardly anyone (girls included) wore coats despite it being well below 0 and snow being everywhere.

This is a very bad idea, alcohol only makes you feel warming than you are when it is actually making you colder. On my last ski trip someone got hyperthermia from going out in just a t-shirt. He said he never felt cold but he was losing so much body heat once he stepped outside.
Reply 7
Original post by SteelRose
I always chuckle at the female clubbers who head out into the bitter cold winter evenings, shivering their tits off. If you think you need a coat, take one. Bigger places will have a cloakroom, if not just pile it onto the back of a chair.

...on the back of a chair, which many drunk people will be using to sit on throughout in the night.

Insurance companies are gonna love you.
Reply 8
Original post by james22
This is a very bad idea, alcohol only makes you feel warming than you are when it is actually making you colder. On my last ski trip someone got hyperthermia from going out in just a t-shirt. He said he never felt cold but he was losing so much body heat once he stepped outside.

Yeah, that's why I said its not recommendable. But if you are careful its not that risky.
Reply 9
Only been to one club that didn't have a cloakroom and that was in Cardiff.
Original post by MrHappyChappy
Depends, SUs don't really have cloakrooms

The bigger nightlclubs do.

mine has a big one
Reply 11
Original post by jelly1000
Only been to one club that didn't have a cloakroom and that was in Cardiff.

What club don't have a cloakroom in Cardiff? Only place I can think of maybe not having one is revs

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Most clubs Ive been to have had cloakrooms. I suggest you either wear an old or cheap jacket that you wont be too botherd about losing incase there isnt one. I also know girls who used to wear a cardi as a jacket and just stuff it in their bag when they got there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
What club don't have a cloakroom in Cardiff? Only place I can think of maybe not having one is revs

Posted from TSR Mobile

The Live Lounge
Reply 14
Original post by jelly1000
The Live Lounge

Ohh the £1 jagerbomb on carnage place :smile: I've always seen that place more of a bar than a nightclub, didn't think in include them in the places to think if they had a cloakroom or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kumori
Ohh the £1 jagerbomb on carnage place :smile: I've always seen that place more of a bar than a nightclub, didn't think in include them in the places to think if they had a cloakroom or not

Posted from TSR Mobile

Definitley seemed more of a club when I went. Everyone was up dancing but it was awkward having to hold my coat.
I know this is an old thread, but if you can get to the bar upstairs in the live lounge you can check your coat for £1 - and if happy hour makes you forget to take it home, the lovely bar staff are always very sympathetic when they fetch it for you the next morning 😊

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending