Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hi! I am trying to fill out my UCAS application as a international student from the US. My school required a record release form be filled out and I am suppose to list the universities I want to attend, their address, who to send it to, and the number of transcripts required.

    Since you don't apply directly to universities like you do in the US how does getting a transcript to the uni I am applying to work? What should I put in these section?

    I thought all information is sent through UCAS and then they send the information to the universities I have on my choices page.

    Also, the same questions apply for getting SAT scores sent to the universities. I was going to add my choices for the sat score recipients at collegeboard but it requires a code for each university and I don't know what those are.

    I am applying to:
    University of Greenwich
    Middlesex University
    London South Bank University
    Kingston University

    Thanks for any help you can give

    Most universities require you to correctly enter your score on UCAS, they don't want CollegeBoard score reports until you're made an offer.

    Atleast that's what I gathered when I enquired about sending my SAT scores to unis in the UK. I'm an international too and relatively new to the UCAS and stuff, so it would be better if someone else could confirm what I'm saying.

    Or else, just contact the universities directly via phone/mail, you'll get immediate help.

    Posted from TSR Mobile

    I know that Cambridge asks for a transcript from internationals, but I don't think many others do ask for it. It would be best to check each uni's website or contact em directly.

    Best of luck with your application!

    Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

     Official Rep
    HI Reneemadi

    After making an International Application through UCAS, you must have your official transcripts and test scores sent directly to the universities with which you applied.
    For Middlesex you can either have your previous institution send the official transcript via post or you can email a scanned copy of the official transcript/test score to [email protected] or [email protected]. Please remember to include your UCAS ID in the email.

    Regarding the university code for the SAT college board, as we do not have a code to provide, we suggest once you have obtained an official copy of the SAT results to email a scanned copy directly to us.

    I hope this helps, don't hesitate to contact us via The Student Room or at [email protected] if you need any more info.

    Good luck with your application!

    The Middlesex University Rep

University open days

  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.