Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi i wanted to know, basically my situation is that I really really really want to study medicine, I kno its a very competitive field but I dont think I can. I am repeating my third year in college because I ddnt do to well grades wise last year this is because of illness which my teachers can vouch for I have a good Personal statement good predicted grades, good reference and the grades I am achieving now in small tests are v. good thank god. The thing is I have done my ukcat exam 2 times and have got quite bad below average of around 500. I dont know if i shud apply because I dont think I will get in, however my extracurriculumn activity and voluntary work is high. I dont kno wat to do i need answers I wanted to know if I can still do it, whether I can apply to do nursing then training to become a doctor,
    HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by J.to.the.K)
    Hi i wanted to know, basically my situation is that I really really really want to study medicine, I kno its a very competitive field but I dont think I can. I am repeating my third year in college because I ddnt do to well grades wise last year this is because of illness which my teachers can vouch for I have a good Personal statement good predicted grades, good reference and the grades I am achieving now in small tests are v. good thank god. The thing is I have done my ukcat exam 2 times and have got quite bad below average of around 500. I dont know if i shud apply because I dont think I will get in, however my extracurriculumn activity and voluntary work is high. I dont kno wat to do i need answers I wanted to know if I can still do it, whether I can apply to do nursing then training to become a doctor,
    HELLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPP
    Why don't you apply to Liverpool or Birmingham? They don't require UKCAT. Or you could apply to Oxbridge, UCL or Imperial, however you would need to score highly in the BMAT exam. Some people say that BMAT is easier than UKCAT because it is more theory based.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.