Turn on thread page Beta

Which UK political party will you be voting for in the next election watch

• View Poll Results: Which party will you be voting for in the next election?
    Labour
    30.26%
    Conservatives
    27.63%
    UKIP
    17.11%
    Lib Dems
    5.92%
    Green party
    14.47%
    Other
    4.61%

ReputationRep:
    Thread originally: "I support Tories. TSR, try and convince me not to"

I won't agree with you, but I'll genuinely listen to reasons why I shouldn't.

Discuss.

Current thread: "Which UK political party will you be voting for in the next election"

Vote for which party you support.

ReputationRep:
    why do you support them in the first place is it because of their approach to the eu/ the economy/ social values

ReputationRep:
    Well, since labour always seem to spend and spend. The tories have to make cuts and are seen as the bad guys. They are starting to help the economy and we need to give them a chance. But yes, also social values. I'm not from a rich family, but I agree with some of their values. However, I believe footballers should be taxed way more

Also, the unions have Miliband wrapped around their finger and that cannot be good.

ReputationRep:
    because they eat poor people's babies. sometimes as many as 6 in a day i heard.

ReputationRep:
    They worship the evil, hateful Cthulhu from a dimension far away. fly through gates of madness
    and into your heart, turning dreams into nightmares destroying all he sees.

This video sums it up, with Cartmen playing every Tory, ever. And Cthulhu playing himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdDoFQK4Rrs

ReputationRep:
    Don't ask us. Check other sources of information as opposed to the media controlled by the moguls. Use multiple sources and the roots of newspaper stories, many statistics and stories are twisted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    Their spending cuts are actually having a negative impact on our economy.

Also, unions views represent a better view of our country's demand compared to the rich conservatives.
    We have seen the effect that the Unions have if they are allowed to enact their policies. It ended in an IMF bailout and the death of British industry. Why should workers want to be represented by the people whose greed destroyed our industries?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by toxic09)
    I won't agree with you, but I'll genuinely listen to reasons why I shouldn't.

Discuss.
    The current Conservative leadership is too cowardly to make any big decisions, and seems more interested in what will be popular than what will help Britain.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chrisawhitmore)
    The current Conservative leadership is too cowardly to make any big decisions, and seems more interested in what will be popular than what will help Britain.
    Haha true. And it's ironic they really aren't that popular.

Tbh, no one seems to be popular in politics anyway

ReputationRep:
    They are all just as bad as each other....especially when you have several atheists in the cabinet.
    They lose all morals for their greed.

ReputationRep:
    This. If you're going to sacrifice a proportion of the population for the greater good (again) at least do it in a way that is actually going to create (proper) growth and provide for the long-term instead of just pandering to bitter people who want dose benefits removed.

ReputationRep:
    Why 'support' any of them? All the politicians are cast from the same mould, they are all 'third way' social democrats who love the idea of political theatre.

Anybody who thinks an MP is there solely for the good of the country is a moron. They act first to use the force of government to further their own ends, and act secondly in the interest of constituents to try and win votes.

Party politics is a complete sham, as is this middle of the road statism we currently live under which creeps slowly but steadily towards greater and greater authoritarianism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrHappyChappy)
    They are all just as bad as each other....especially when you have several atheists in the cabinet.
    They lose all morals for their greed.
    Yeah, because religious governments are models of moral conduct. That's why Tehran's such a lovely place to live and Stockholm is a hellhole.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lunch_Box)
    The irony.
    Please, explain this irony.

ReputationRep:
    “There is danger in reckless change, but greater danger in blind conservatism.”
    - Henry George

The conservatives are there to maintain traditional values; they are there merely to hold back any form of social change; and such change is to be needed if we're to live in a greater society; of one that provides the greatest number of happiness for the greatest number of people; conservatives are paid baby sitters.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Stuart Mill)
    “There is danger in reckless change, but greater danger in blind conservatism.”
    - Henry George

The conservatives are there to maintain traditional values; they are there merely to hold back any form of social change; and such change is to be needed if we're to live in a greater society; of one that provides the greatest number of happiness for the greatest number of people; conservatives are paid baby sitters.
    Yeah, they've totally held back social change by legalising gay marriage.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they've totally held back social change by legalising gay marriage.
    yeah only recently, why is that??? probably because they have no choice; desperate plea to win votes which labour would have done anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by John Stuart Mill)
    yeah only recently, why is that??? probably because they have no choice; desperate plea to win votes which labour would have done anyway.
    It could be because they weren't in government for 13 years prior to the current parliament. As Labour plainly didn't do it prior to the current parliament, the conservatives can hardly be said to be holding back progress at any rate.

ReputationRep:
    It could be because they weren't in government for 13 years prior to the current parliament. As Labour plainly didn't do it prior to the current parliament, the conservatives can hardly be said to be holding back progress at any rate.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Same-se...United_Kingdom

"The Conservative Party: senior Conservatives, including David Cameron, William Hague, George Osborne, and Theresa May supported the bill,[111][112] however, the issue is contentious in the party. Just over half of Conservative MPs voted against the second reading[113][114] but polling has shown that the majority of Conservative voters support the bill"

On voting intention, 73% Liberal Democrats, 64% Labour voters and 53% Conservatives agreed that gay couples should have the right to marry.[55][56]

In 2010 the Green Party of England and Wales,[98] the Liberal Democrats, and Plaid Cymru endorsed same-sex marriage at their party conferences.
    The following groups and individuals expressed their support for same-sex marriage legislation in England and Wales:

On 16 January 2013, the Coalition for Equal Marriage announced that it had found evidence for the support of a majority of MPs in the House of Commons.[SUP][104]

So the conservatives just decided not to give their opinion on anything like they always do because they don't want any form of change unless it benefits it them.

ReputationRep:
    There aren't genuinely pleasant people in the party.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.