Quickest way to resit GCSE (mature adult - no courses) Watch

MOTPhil
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
I'm happy to help you if you like. Let me know where you live and I'll source exam centres for you.
Tradrockgirl
Rep:
?
Report 9 months ago
How did your lad cope with this? A year later, how is he doing?He might have been 'over-coached' - sometimes if teachers and tutors put in too much effort, the child doesn't actually learn the skills they need. First time they have to do it by themselves might be in the exam and they suddenly find out how much they don't know
mattyman1990
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
Hi all,There is some good tips here, can anyone help me with my specific request?I need to pass GCSE maths and (any) Science to be accepted onto an apprenticeship that starts in September. If I can sit my exams in May/June then I will be accepted provisionally. I am looking at taking IGCSE Maths and Physics. Can I just book in at a school or college to sit the exams or is there coursework or practicals involved? Seems to be a lot of contradicting info online.I know it's a tough ask to pass with only 4 months or study time but I'm confident in my ability. I am 27 but failed with D's in 2006 when I originally took them.Thanks in advance, Matty
mattyman1990
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
P.S...i feel like my time is running out. 31st of January is closing date to apply for apprenticeship, I've applied and application is staying 'open' and will progress as long as I get my exams booked. I have spent the last 10 days or so looking into it, keep ending back at square 1 not knowing what to do. I live in Somerset and have rang about 8 local schools and colleges, none of them accept private candidates. I am not even sure which exam papers I need to book if I find one that will accept me. Do I just say IGCSE Maths and Physics or do I need to specify a paper eg. 1MA1 or say Edexcell/AQA/Cambridge or specify between higher/lower/level 1/level 2?? My head is spinning with all the uncertainty and I haven't even started revising yet. Please help! I just need to achieve a pass/C/4 in Maths and any Science.
chocas1
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Try A Star teachers. You can attend 3 lessons and sit the equivalency exam.
mattyman1990
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
Thanks for your reply. I should have closed the thread as I actually sat my last exam today. Booked them at a local private school to sit as a private candidate, learnt the syllabus from home and had a few hours with a private tutor. Managed to find a list of centres that accept private candidates to sit exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (340)
15.71%
The paper was reasonable (1175)
54.3%
Not feeling great about that exam... (468)
21.63%
It was TERRIBLE (181)
8.36%

Watched Threads