Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I need a bit of help... my older sister turns 18 in three months and I want to make her birthday the best day of her life, but she is not really a 'partier' or fond of her friends- Can anybody give me some ideas? I can't really see from her point of view...

ReputationRep:
    We really can't unless you tell us something about her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzron)
    What does she like to do? Also, are you taking about a gift or an actual day planned out for her?
    thanks for replying so quickly and sorry this is my first time doing anything like this. My sister is a 'regular girl': shopping, hair, make up, clothes... etc. but she also has a boyish adventurous side - she loves transformers, football, food, play fighting, travelling and prefers to hang around boys (girls annoy her). And yes, this is a whole day planned - thanks in advance!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ediblebluemonkey)
    thanks for replying so quickly and sorry this is my first time doing anything like this. My sister is a 'regular girl': shopping, hair, make up, clothes... etc. but she also has a boyish adventurous side - she loves transformers, football, food, play fighting, travelling and prefers to hang around boys (girls annoy her). And yes, this is a whole day planned - thanks in advance!
    Okay, I doubt I'll be of much help seen as I'm not a girl but anyways, I'll try my best.
    By the way, I will just say random ideas and you decide whether to include any one of them in your planned day.

You could:

• give her some money to spend at a shopping centre (whatever amount you think is enough for her to be able to buy something decent) or just buy something for her instead.
    • make her a collage of her photos showing her from childhood to now.
    • get her a pet? I have a labrador which I love so you can't go wrong with a puppy. Cat's another option which doesn't need much maintenance or hamsters, birds, etc which basically need nothing much other than feeding.
    • camping trip with her friends or your family.
    • get tickets to a football game.
    • go to an expensive restaurant.

You could even tell her some of your ideas and she can tell you which ones she likes if it's not a surprise birthday. Also, whether you're a girl or a boy will affect what you may decide to do with her. For example, you can't exactly do pedicures with her if you're a boy (unless you're gay lol).

Anyways, I hope I helped a bit

ReputationRep:
    Go to ebay and grab her some old school transformers.

ReputationRep:
    wow, nice idea - she'll love this!

ReputationRep:
    thanks - you helped a lot! it's like you unblocked the traffic jam in my head. I'm a girl, so the pedicure idea seems possible!

ReputationRep:
    Vengeful, Imperial Overlord of TSR, any ideas?
    as you are female what would you like to do - sorry for the 'female stereotyping' thing...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazzron)
    Lol, I think she goes by the name 'desdemonata'.
    well if I had a title like that I would probably change my name... but I have issues...lol

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.