The Student Room Group

Can a guy be good looking without a defined jawline??

Ladies, can a guy still be good looking without the defined jawline? Everywhere I read its all about the jawline, what else is important in a guys face for you to decide whether he's good looking or not?

Scroll to see replies

Wow I've never really considered the jawline before. For me it's all about the hair!
Of course! I can think of a lot of good looking boys that I know who don't have defined jaw lines at all.
Reply 3
Someone explain (preferably with visuals) what exactly jawline is.

Regards

Posted from TSR Mobile
Yes.
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
Wow I've never really considered the jawline before. For me it's all about the hair!

Out of curiosity, do you mean people who take care of their hair? Or a particular hairstyle?
Original post by NedStark
Out of curiosity, do you mean people who take care of their hair? Or a particular hairstyle?

I've found I'm not attracted to a particular style (ideally not stupidly long though) or colour (although being ginger generally puts you at a slight advantage) and not for others- it's just, as you said, looking after it. I don't mean straightening as that takes effort, but just keeping it clean.

For me hair can be very sexy and, as I've just found, I'm not too great at explaining why.
Original post by RedArrow
Someone explain (preferably with visuals) what exactly jawline is.

Regards

Posted from TSR Mobile

The line of your jaw
Original post by ThePhoenixLament
I'm not too great at explaining why.

Why are you named after a chapter from Harry Potter?
To me, you're good looking if you look like Henry Cavill from Man of Steel.
Reply 10
Original post by JindleBrey
The line of your jaw

Well that helped my understanding so much.

Why does your name rhyme with Jean Grey

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by RedArrow
Well that helped my understanding so much.

Why does your name rhyme with Jean Grey

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why does your name rhyme with Jack Sparrow
Reply 12
Original post by JindleBrey
Why does your name rhyme with Jack Sparrow

What is with you and sparrows?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Jaw isn't all good news.

My jaw is too big and I'm having surgery to move my upper jaw forward, as my lower jaw is too big.

NHS surgery, not vanity surgery. Need it for dental reasons (bite etc.)

In an ideal world we'd all have piercing eyes, thick curly hair, and jaws made of clay. But yes, you can be handsome without any of these, be more confident in yourself.
Reply 14
Original post by momomomo123
To me, you're good looking if you look like Henry Cavill from Man of Steel.

Some guys I know used to mockingly call me 'Clark Khan', joshing that I look like an asian version of Henry Cavill

I pretended I didn't like the nickname so they would keep calling me it, so more people thought I look like Cavill :cool: :colondollar:
Reply 15
Thanks a lot TSR I still have no idea wtf a jawline is

Posted from TSR Mobile
May I add that imo, a guy who keeps all of his bodily hair is far more attractive than if he doesn't.

As for the jawline, I don't care. :tongue:
Reply 18
I find the eyes to be alluring, especially blue ones. I love short hair. I don't ever look at jawlines? Maybe subconsciously I do but I have never dated anyone with a defined jawline. In my eyes I think it looks a little ugly, almost cavemanish.
Original post by goonermk
Some guys I know used to mockingly call me 'Clark Khan', joshing that I look like an asian version of Henry Cavill

I pretended I didn't like the nickname so they would keep calling me it, so more people thought I look like Cavill :cool: :colondollar:

Ooh handsome! I am Asian too.

Quick Reply

Latest