Turn on thread page Beta

Xbox Live Silver Member Dashboard Deals watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi. I'm a silver member and was wondering if anyone had seen any offers for Xbox Live on their dashboard recently? I've been waiting a few days now and I've not seen anything... do they still do them?
    Thanks in advance.

ReputationRep:
    Are you referring to deals and discounts to upgrade to Gold?

If so, it takes more than days, you'll have to wait months, although a couple of days ago there was a free weekend, so you could've played multiplayer (and used all the normal features Xbox bans peasents from using) Friday - Sunday. Plus, Xbox One is about to be released, so there shouldn't be any deals when that's released any time soon.

A trick I've done is use a trial card or buy a cheap membership on Ebay and let it run out, sometimes for the next few days they'll give you a special offer like £2 for 2 months. Though not always, and I don't upgrade enough to Gold to see if it really works that way, especially as I have a PC and most multiplayer is boring or has appeal for a limited amount of time.

ReputationRep:
    There are Deals on the 360 but just not on the dashboard. I'm currently a silver member myself.

They only way I have found deals are the free games that Microsoft game studios have produced. (Doritos Crash Course and the like; but you have already probably tried them.) These free games are downloadable for silver members... However the two free games Microsoft offer a month are not (Halo 3 at the moment) not even a gold trail will give you eligibility to have these games you have to have a 3 or 12 month membership.

you will get the odd advert as well for stuff like now TV but there not much of a deal.

Xbox were also offering one TV episode and One film for free recently - but I don't tend to venture onto the TV tab on the dashboard. I can't properly comment on this either as I don't know which programme or film they were offering for free and even if the offer is still valid.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.