Teacher Ruining My Life Watch

Beat
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've been back at my 6th Form for just about a month now, and I've got an Art Teacher that just won't cooperate with me and treats me like a child.

I did a course last year that allowed me to prepare for my AS Art and the teacher I had last year really encouraged me and made me feel more than positive about my artwork, however, this year she is teaching Photography and not Art...

The first piece of work I did went horribly wrong, and the teacher I had last year assisted me in trying to make it better, but because I still didn't like it, told me if I couldn't make it any better to rip it out and doing so I did. However, my actual Art teacher yelled at me for doing so, and then started saying I'd get a grade E for my effort. A long with that, she then told my friend who's in her other class later that 'I gave her a mucky look and looked as if I was to have a nervous breakdown'. Personally, I didn't find it amusing at all...

As well as that, she recently messed up my artpad arranging things, ripping work out and then trying to make a horrible print with it, and then because my work ethic is quite slow, she wet one of my pieces to try and make the colours flow, instead ripping a part of it in the process and didn't even own up to it until I came after break to witness it ripped, with my other teacher explaining to me that she did it.

She's a horrid person, and I'm sick of her. I've complained to my last year's Art teacher and her husband, who is the head of the department (who apparently they both really DISLIKE her but don't want to say anything). I've complained to my head of year and she said that she's probably trying to organise my work more, but to have a discussion with her and if she still continues, to go back and complain once more.

On top of that, we went for a trip to a few Art museums and stopped at Burger King, and she had the cheek to make a comment about my order claiming it was 'a huge order'. I'm sorry, but that implied a weight remark to me!

I really don't know what to do... I barely have any artwork that's worth submitting. Sorry for the long story!
platosbesty
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Omg what a little B with an itch! You seriously need to get your parents involved. Or just say it to her face. She needs to know she has no right to treat you like this. Also talk to your head of sixth form he/she would know what to do. Whenever I have a teacher I have a problem with I just go to him. But seriously don't let this go on because if it does that sket is going to ruin your A levels for you and you don't want that! just do anything even request a different teacher if you have to! Hope this helped (you don't deserve any of what she does to you!)
Beat
Rep:
?
(Original post by platosbesty)
Omg what a little B with an itch! You seriously need to get your parents involved. Or just say it to her face. She needs to know she has no right to treat you like this. Also talk to your head of sixth form he/she would know what to do. Whenever I have a teacher I have a problem with I just go to him. But seriously don't let this go on because if it does that sket is going to ruin your A levels for you and you don't want that! just do anything even request a different teacher if you have to! Hope this helped (you don't deserve any of what she does to you!)
Thank you so much. Honestly, if she makes one remark to me tomorrow about my work or another one of her jokes, I will turn around and actually finally say something back to her.
MrDystopia
  • Section Leader
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If there's one thing schools really dislike, it's having angry parents complain to them. I've had experience with teachers really toeing the line with some comments they've made, and anytime I've complained to a head of department, or head of year, it's waved away as 'just messing around' or 'they're not being serious'.

Soon as I tell my Mum, she's writing letters, ringing school and demanding an apology. And 99% of the time I've gotten one So might be worth your while getting your parents involved should such incidents happen again.

I also wouldn't advise saying something yourself, don't want you getting into trouble for...abusing a staff member, not matter how justified.
muttley mode
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I say it's worth making a formal complaint against her.
bakergirl
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Why don't you make a formal complaint to the school and if that doesn't do anything go to the education authority. Until anything is done go to the other teacher for advise about your work rather than her.

I hope every improves
Beat
Rep:
?
(Original post by muttley mode)
I say it's worth making a formal complaint against her.
(Original post by bakergirl)
Why don't you make a formal complaint to the school and if that doesn't do anything go to the education authority. Until anything is done go to the other teacher for advise about your work rather than her.

I hope every improves
It turns out she's actually aware that I no longer like her and since then she's left me alone. However, if she persists then I will make an actual formal complaint. I'm not the only who thinks she's a horrid person, she's treated a good friend of mine the same way and she's amazing when it comes to art, and is in a similar situation to me. I've also decided to go to my old teacher as said above to assist me with my work. Thanks all of you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (170)
26.94%
No (461)
73.06%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise