Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

i am extremely confused right now as to what I want to do, I am in Year 11 and i literally have no idea what alevels to take as I dont know what career I want to do, and i am fretting because I feel like I can't make a decision. I have an interest in Biology and I would like to do something to do with biology as a career (I think) but then I am interested in Journalism and I would LOVE to do something in journalism but then again I like the idea of teaching - yeah I know, so indecisive!!!

I had my sixth form open evening last night and I am now asking for help on which a levels to do to make sure I am not making a rash decision and to make sure i can get into UNI/my desired career path..

I am also thinking about taking Pyschology as an A level.

Thankyou so much,
    Carey

ReputationRep:
    Calm down and focus on your GCSE's. Depending on your results, pick relevant A-levels from there

ReputationRep:
    Pick Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Psychology this leaves all your options open.

ReputationRep:
    I agree ^^ or possibly maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Biology, Chemistry, English Lit leaves you open for all, and I would suggest maths as well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicsexeter)
    I agree ^^ or possibly maths?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I agree.

I only added Psychology because she said she wanted to take it, I don't think not having maths will hinder her though and psychology is essay based so it helps toward journalism (maybe, I'm not sure)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by contradicta)
    Pick Biology, Chemistry, English Lit, Psychology this leaves all your options open.
    Hi thanks for all of your help, everyone at the moment I am thinking English lit, biology and Psychology and POSSIBLY health and social? Is health and social a good a level to take for teaching/nursing etc? Or is it a 'waste' also I find chemistry so hard so I am also thinking Politics if not health and s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by careyboyle)
    Hi thanks for all of your help, everyone at the moment I am thinking English lit, biology and Psychology and POSSIBLY health and social? Is health and social a good a level to take for teaching/nursing etc? Or is it a 'waste' also I find chemistry so hard so I am also thinking Politics if not health and s?
    Don't know about H&S but you really do need chemistry to go with biology though if you wish to study Biology/related subject at Uni. Politics would be good for journalism.

ReputationRep:
    I have had a long think and I have decided (at the moment) that I want to take Biology, Politics, English Lit and Psychology. Is english lit more respected in Uni than lang?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ed97)
    Just take subjects that you enjoy and are good at. It's alright to take a mixture!! And if you change your mind at the last minute schools often can accommodate for that after starting Year 12.

Good Luck in your GCSE's!
    Thanks! so so stressful!

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.