Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Pretty self-explanatory, really. Is Kent considered a good/well-regarded uni?

ReputationRep:
    Well consistently top 30 in the various league tables, and top 20 in Guardian rankings.

It's not Russell Group though, so not one of Britain's 'prestigious' uni's.

ReputationRep:
    Hey Raymond666,

Personally, I wouldn't be where I am now without Kent and Kent Union - I absolutely love it here, I never want to graduate and my life has been enriched for the better.

University is not simply about just getting a degree, it's about the experience as well and setting you up as well as possible for future life. I think Kent and the SU have a multitude of opportunities that will allow you to do that, as long as you actively look to get involved in them.

As an employer whilst a student, Kent Union is ranked as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For" and has a very high student-staff satisfaction. They pay better than some of the town employers, and the volunteering opportunities are second to none.

So, IMO - Kent IS a fantastic Uni, and you'd be barking mad not to come here :P

Dave

ReputationRep:
    I have Kent as a back up option, I went and visited and I loved it there. The nice open environment, feels very welcoming and relaxing. It's top 30 in league tables, Seems a nice place. So yeah, it's pretty good in my eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Yep, Its a nice campus, nice employ ability, nice rankings, nice people and good courses. I would definetely apply to Kent. I actually did but had to turn it down to stay at home in London

ReputationRep:
    it's pretty **** tbh

ReputationRep:
    Seems like an all-round very decent Uni, Kent; missed the opportunity to go to the recent open day at Medway unfortunately, so I couldn't see the environment first-hand. More views and opinions will be more helpful, thanks :cool:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 31, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.