Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sid98)
    Hi...:sigh:
    I regret choosing Art as a GCSE..:hmmm:.I really hate the homework that my teacher gives me every week..she gives me loads of homework to do..which i find very stressful! I am in Year 11 and I am in the Highest set in Art..However I really hate it when she gives me homework to do on the weekend..Erm I got other important subjects (English,Maths,Science) to do you know to revise for exams not just art! In school art lesson are okay..Its the Homework my teacher gives is to take primary sources and write about 4-5 pages of annotation just for one drawing ( I normally write 3-4 which tires me out) ]The whole Art lasts for the whole weekend which I don't have time for myself and revision for the other important exams soon...ARGH!!:angry:
    Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Chat forum - that forum isn't really designed for specific questions like this. I've moved your thread to the Study Help forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    Welcome to the site! You're unlikely to find help for this in the Chat forum - that forum isn't really designed for specific questions like this. I've moved your thread to the Study Help forums, where you should be able to find others who can help you.
    Thank you.!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure what your question is but rest assured youre not alone, it's friday night and by Monday I need to do 2 pages of analysis, an "in the style of" and 3 compositions for my 2nd final piece. This is a light weekend for me.

Don't worry we'll survive, Art coursework should ease of by Easter meaning we can focus more on maths/science etc afterwards.

ReputationRep:
    I did GCSE art and now I'm doing AS art! I found it a little hard but just be thankful art isn't mostly all words and equations! just once a week set that day for just art! a piece of art work is said to take a max of 4hours (in AS 4hours is minimum) I know it's hard but honestly if you enjoyed art as much as I did you'll get the hang of it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in a very much similar situation. Lacking artistic inspiration atm... what to draw, what draw D:

ReputationRep:
    Oh please. Art A level is much harder. I'm actually doing my A2 course right now and we have to write an ESSAY. Just try to catch up since your sketchbook is 60% coursework - if you get a good grade for it, all the pressure is taken off.

ReputationRep:
    Oh my god I know!
    It's like they think Art is the only subject we take and we can spend all our time on it every week! Also I find it so stressful because our art teachers are massive snobs so they either like your work or hate it. And there is always that one person in the class who has spent all their weekend on it and created a masterpiece which just makes yours look worse.
    RRRRRRRRRRR I. HATE. IT. SO. MUCH.
    And why do they take it so seriously???

ReputationRep:
    aha yh I'm doing art AND textile GCSE's.. twice the writing... twice the time taken ... ehhhh

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 4, 2016

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.