Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello, i'm currently doing A2 OCR biology, I got a B at AS and were resitting our coursework due to something the exam board did while moderating, (should come out with a mid-high B) I need some tips to get an A at A2, is it possible to still get an A overall? would I need a resit? and possibly some revision techniques?

ReputationRep:
    I got 72/90 UMS and 114/150 UMS for the exams.
    34/60 UMS in coursework which should go to at least 45/60 UMS after resit (hopefully)

ReputationRep:
    yes, in fact you can still get an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuheb789)
    yes, in fact you can still get an A*
    with a resit right? do you think I should resit the second exam?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksonmeg)
    with a resit right? do you think I should resit the second exam?
    It depends, resitting means way more work, you don't necessarily need a resit as long as you have a B at AS, because if you have a B at AS and get 90+ UMS at A2 you get an A*, but A2 is harder than AS by a fair bit so it depends on how hard you're willing to work. I wouldn't resit, but some people would in case they don't do as well at A2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shuheb789)
    It depends, resitting means way more work, you don't necessarily need a resit as long as you have a B at AS, because if you have a B at AS and get 90+ UMS at A2 you get an A*, but A2 is harder than AS by a fair bit so it depends on how hard you're willing to work. I wouldn't resit, but some people would in case they don't do as well at A2
    im not really finding it difficult, I just need to practice a lot of exam style questions to know what they want to see

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 9, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.