Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

So basically I want to know if it's possible for me to get an A at A2. I got a low-ish B for the exam and low A for my coursework. I messed up that exam but now I'm aiming for an A at A2 but was wondering if it is possible with my results right now? And how hard would it be? I'm on OCR.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you know your exact UMS points? It would say it on your exam certification. it would make us able to calculate your percentage and in turn what you would need to get at A2 for an A

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlzi)
    Do you know your exact UMS points? It would say it on your exam certification. it would make us able to calculate your percentage and in turn what you would need to get at A2 for an A
    Hi there! 67 for the coursework which was A and 86 for B. I think this is a low B...

ReputationRep:
    What's the total A level out of? Take 80% of the total, minus your score from that number, and what you're left with is the amount you need in A2 to get an A

ReputationRep:
    It will be out of 200 I pressume. So thats 76.5%. So if you want an A you would need no less than 85% next year to get the percentage up to 80%
    If your wondering the coursework was 80 in total and the exam 120 And your A2 carries the same amount of marks, with one being 80 and one being 120, so you just have to have a slight improvement at A2 compared with AS
    However it is defiently realistic to get an A for you, so I wouldnt give up hope, and your results were very good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charlzi)
    It will be out of 200 I pressume. So thats 76.5%. So if you want an A you would need no less than 85% next year to get the percentage up to 80%
    If your wondering the coursework was 80 in total and the exam 120 And your A2 carries the same amount of marks, with one being 80 and one being 120, so you just have to have a slight improvement at A2 compared with AS
    However it is defiently realistic to get an A for you, so I wouldnt give up hope, and your results were very good!
    Aaah thanks so much for the answer and help! Much appreciated. ahh great! I'm deffo going to work for that A this year then! Was worried that I'd have to get really high marks and that would've been a lot pressure but you've eased my mind so thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ermm)
    What's the total A level out of? Take 80% of the total, minus your score from that number, and what you're left with is the amount you need in A2 to get an A
    I didn't know that. Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 9, 2013

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.