Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Nearly a year ago, I moved to a new City due to work commitments. Since then, I have become very nervous, almost to the point that everything scares me. Here are a few recent examples;
    1. I recently walked past a building where an alarm was going off and bumped in to someone from the organisation who had a silver car. When the alarm was still going after half an hour I contacted the local police to inform them.

2. I saw a car parked in a rather odd position on the road where I live, so went out to check that everything was ok. I can't remember whether it was on the same evening, but one night I saw a police car outside and I'm worried that it might be connected, even though I was only concerned.

3. At a previous address, I noticed that the next door neighbours were sat in a car for a long time and one of them seemed to be waving a hand. Whenever I looked out the window, it seemed to be the same. My fear was heightened when I was woken up by two police sirens next door at 2.30am.

I just don't know what to do and feel very anxious. Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    Hi,
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so anxious. I'm no professional, but it sounds like you've got some anxiety issues that have been heightened by moving to a new place. For anything like this, it's enormously helpful to speak to something who understands - you can call Mind on 0300 123 3393 and they'll be able to help.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 15, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.