The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 800
Original post by chi80
Roughly what proportion of applicants have they interviewed/called for interview? Also, does everyone who is interviewed receive an email asking about work experience references (I haven't got one, just asking)?

I have an interview, and so far not been asked for references.

But from what I've heard is that they take a random sample for references. So i'm guessing not everyone gets asked for references of their work experience.

Hope that helps!
Original post by nnnNUR
I have an interview, and so far not been asked for references.

But from what I've heard is that they take a random sample for references. So i'm guessing not everyone gets asked for references of their work experience.

Hope that helps!

Did you send additional references since you had received an interview. Am I correct in assuming that if you have an interview, you don't need to send work experience references, as this is optional?
Reply 802
Original post by medicboy2014
Did you send additional references since you had received an interview. Am I correct in assuming that if you have an interview, you don't need to send work experience references, as this is optional?

It says on the email I received, and you were correct in saying, that it is optional to send an additional reference. At first I wasn't going to attach a reference but decided there was no harm in doing so. So, I'm waiting for my manager to finish it and then send all my forms together.
Original post by nnnNUR
It says on the email I received, and you were correct in saying, that it is optional to send an additional reference. At first I wasn't going to attach a reference but decided there was no harm in doing so. So, I'm waiting for my manager to finish it and then send all my forms together.

Is there a deadline on when we have to send in the references if we choose to do so? Plus, do you mind saying what day your interview is on? :smile:
Reply 804
Does anyone know how much time ucl give to notify you that you have an interview before the actual date?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by dongmaster3
They may or may not ask about the BMAT essay. Personally, I wasn't asked anything about my essay but I've heard a lot of people did.
They asked me the classic medical questions at the start such as why medicine, why UCL and I recommend you to look closely at your personal statement because they'll ask you tons of questions on it!

Thank you very much, Ill do that :tongue: Have you heard from UCL yet or still waiting? How do you feel your interview went?
is anyone else still waiting? they asked me for work ex references a while back already!
when do they stop sending out interviews???
Original post by jaffacake96
is anyone else still waiting? they asked me for work ex references a while back already!
when do they stop sending out interviews???

I got asked the same last Friday, with a deadline of 14th feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 808
Original post by medicboy2014
Is there a deadline on when we have to send in the references if we choose to do so? Plus, do you mind saying what day your interview is on? :smile:

I'm not sure really it just says prior to your interview, so I'm guessing any time this week. And yeah sure, it wednesday 12th feb at 11.40. :smile:
Reply 809
Original post by ~Zahra~
Does anyone know how much time ucl give to notify you that you have an interview before the actual date?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think around 2 weeks prior:biggrin:
Reply 810
Original post by nnnNUR
I think around 2 weeks prior:biggrin:

Wow! Thats hardly enough time to prepare :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Nakedferret1108
Thank you very much, Ill do that :tongue: Have you heard from UCL yet or still waiting? How do you feel your interview went?

Yes I got an offer and it took them almost 2 weeks to reply! My interview went generally fine; I didn't feel I messed up in any questions but then again it was hard to tell I did well because the interviewers always try to defend against your opinions!
Original post by timeywimey
I got asked the same last Friday, with a deadline of 14th feb.

Posted from TSR Mobile

it just sucks!! when do they stop interviewing?
Original post by Ke299
I just got an offer from UCL after my interview last Wednesday!! So happy and shocked- 4 rejections last year and now I have an offer from my first choice! I thought the interview went really badly as well! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

Well done!! Do you mind me asking if you've done a-levels already does that
Mean you received an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 814
Original post by Layontheland
Well done!! Do you mind me asking if you've done a-levels already does that
Mean you received an unconditional offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks! No unfortunately it's not unconditional- that would have been the icing on the cake! It's conditional on completing a health questionnaire :smile:
Original post by Ke299
Thanks! No unfortunately it's not unconditional- that would have been the icing on the cake! It's conditional on completing a health questionnaire :smile:

Oh good luck with the health questionnaire!! You'll need it :smile:
Reply 816
Original post by Layontheland
Oh good luck with the health questionnaire!! You'll need it :smile:

Haha thanks! I've had a look and it does seem a bit complicated
Original post by dongmaster3
Yes I got an offer and it took them almost 2 weeks to reply! My interview went generally fine; I didn't feel I messed up in any questions but then again it was hard to tell I did well because the interviewers always try to defend against your opinions!

Aaah congratulations! Thank you for your help :smile:
Given up hope of an interview now.. gutted..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by sausagerolled
Given up hope of an interview now.. gutted..

Posted from TSR Mobile

What, why? There is plenty of time.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending