The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1120
Original post by nana96
omg congrats when was your interview and how did you feel it went

Posted from TSR Mobile

The interview was on the 19th February. I personally thought it went really well, which is why I guess I got an offer so soon. On the day I was pretty nervous, but if you have an interview, there will be lots of other applicants to talk to and calm you down. They generally asked question based on my ps and I think that was quite favourable for me. Interviewers were friendly, but formal as expected. My interview was not by any means perfect but I would say it went well!

Anything else you want to ask, don't hesitate :smile:
Hi guys. I've not got an interview yet and I'm freaking out. But I just wanted to ask, everyone who had interviews, did you get notified through an email or on the portal?
Original post by Cricket96
Hi guys. I've not got an interview yet and I'm freaking out. But I just wanted to ask, everyone who had interviews, did you get notified through an email or on the portal?

Both, actually. If you get invited, make ABSOLUTELY sure you accept the invitation. I only clicked the first confirmation but not the second one and would have almost missed my invitation, but my spidey-sense told me log into Portico and there I saw that the invitation was not yet accepted :biggrin: So accept the eventual invitation STRAIGHT AFTER you read the email!!!
Original post by Andante22
Both, actually. If you get invited, make ABSOLUTELY sure you accept the invitation. I only clicked the first confirmation but not the second one and would have almost missed my invitation, but my spidey-sense told me log into Portico and there I saw that the invitation was not yet accepted :biggrin: So accept the eventual invitation STRAIGHT AFTER you read the email!!!

Hey would it ever only be on the portal and not by email. The thing is, my portico password isnt working, so i was wondering, if by any chance i wasnt sent an invite by email and by the portal only? do you DEFINITELY get an email?
Hey would it ever only be on the portal and not by email. The thing is, my portico password isnt working, so i was wondering, if by any chance i wasnt sent an invite by email and by the portal only? do you DEFINITELY get an email?

Well, I got one. Also, you can change your password on Portico. If not, contact the admissions office.
Original post by Andante22
Well, I got one. Also, you can change your password on Portico. If not, contact the admissions office.

Ok thank you! I really wanted UCL, so disappointed that I havent had heard back yet!
Do I stand any chance of getting an interview now?
My stats are:
gcses: 9A* A
AS levels: 5A
predictions 3A*A
BMAT: 6.5, 4.6, 3A
Loads of work experience and the usual stuff
My stats are:
predictions 3A*A

Well you've got slightly better stats than me and I've got one. So your reference and personal statement probably didn't come across as well.. that said I bet you've got a good chance!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1128
My stats are:
predictions 3A*A

UCL put tend to put a LOT of weight on the essay section of the BMAT. My section 1 and 2 scores were below average so they must've really loved my essay.
They also put preference on applications who take a contrasting subject.
I think it's those 2 things that got me an interview tbh
Original post by Bibzilla
UCL put tend to put a LOT of weight on the essay section of the BMAT. My section 1 and 2 scores were below average so they must've really loved my essay.
They also put preference on applications who take a contrasting subject.
I think it's those 2 things that got me an interview tbh

What were your score if you don't mind me asking? What was your contrast subject?
Reply 1130
Meh , the chances of getting an interview seem to be getting slimmer and slimmer :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1131
Hi! I'm a year 12 student wanting to apply to UCL this year and I was wondering if I have a chance if I do well in my BMAT.
GCSEs: 4A*s, 8As, 1B (short course), C in add maths FCMQ
AS level predictions: 4As
Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week work experience at a hospital.
Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of an orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh, St John Ambulance

Thank you! :smile:
Original post by G Menon
Hi! I'm a year 12 student wanting to apply to UCL this year and I was wondering if I have a chance if I do well in my BMAT.
GCSEs: 4A*s, 8As, 1B (short course), C in add maths FCMQ
AS level predictions: 4As
Work experience/voluntary work: volunteer at a school for disabled children, work experience at a hospital church service work part-time at a children's learning centre. I have also previously worked for a summer autism play scheme, at a charity shop and done 1 week work experience at a hospital.
Extra curricular: Grade 8 violin, grade 7 piano, member of an orchestra, doing Gold Duke of Edinburgh, St John Ambulance

Thank you! :smile:

Yes.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have an interview this coming tuesday! Any last minute tips?
Original post by Donswagz
I have an interview this coming tuesday! Any last minute tips?

Me too!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ahh good luck! What time is your interview?
Reply 1136
Does anyone know exactly what question 1 of the BMAT essay section was?
Reply 1137
..Actually, I just found it on the BMAT website
What's the surgery question again for BMAT?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,
Does anyone by any chance remember the 1st essay question on section 3, something about things falling apart??
Thanks in advance!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending