Turn on thread page Beta

Diane Abbot Axed By Ed Miliband watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Outspoken Labour MP Diane Abbott has been sacked as shadow public health minister by Ed Miliband.

She told the BBC: "I think Ed wanted more message discipline."

She recently questioned the party's stance on immigration and suggested that, although the Labour leader was "doing his best", he was being swayed by polls.

The news that Ms Abbott was being sacked came as Mr Miliband completed the reshuffle of his frontbench team.

In a blog on the Guardian website, Ms Abbott said the Labour leader had been "very nice" as he sacked her, and she had told him that his decision "must be right".

'Free agent'

"My first thought was that I was sorry to be no longer working with Andy Burnham and the health team," she wrote.

"I am also sad to be leaving some of the good friends that I made in the public health world. My role enabled me to engage with some fascinating subjects, like the sexualisation of women and girls and I plan to continue working on those issues."

She concluded: "I have enjoyed being on the frontbench.

"But I plan to enjoy being a free agent on the backbenches even more."

Glad that racist twit has been removed. Hope to never hear from her ridiculous ramblings again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    Glad that racist twit has been removed. Hope to never hear from her ridiculous ramblings again.
    I am surprised she was not removed sooner, she is such a racist moron.

Also, I love how she was sacked for challenging Ed's leadership and policies, I guess when your on the left, comrades can't question the Dear Leader and pose a threat to his leadership. Off to the Gulag with her!

Anyway, here is another news website on the story. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...-Miliband.html

ReputationRep:
    Good riddance.

ReputationRep:
    don't know how she kept her position so long if she have been white she would been sacked straight away

ReputationRep:
    Excellent. I am warming to Ed Miliband.

ReputationRep:
    How I felt as I read this

ReputationRep:
    Glad to hear it; I generally don't warm to racists, but the prospect of an outspoken racist being in a position of authority in the government is genuinely scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by navarre)
    Glad to hear it; I generally don't warm to racists, but the prospect of an outspoken racist being in a position of authority in the government is genuinely scary.
    She was an awful divisive figure and I'm quite impressed by Milibands action.

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised coming from Miliband, but maybe he finally realised she wasn't helping labour's image.

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I really didn't like Abbott. It's frustrating really, because she had so much potential and scope to do so much good in her position, but she became divisive very quickly.

ReputationRep:
    One wonders why she was appointed in the first place.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by meenu89)
    One wonders why she was appointed in the first place.
    Ethnic diversity. However one way of stopping such issues is kit to out another racist in that position.Although I'm glad she's not there anymore as more importantly she was f***ing useless.

ReputationRep:
    Looks like Red Ed has replaced her with the rabid Zionist, Luciana Berger. Surely he isn't favouring his own Tribe over blacks?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesabbath)
    Looks like Red Ed has replaced her with the rabid Zionist, Luciana Berger. Surely he isn't favouring his own Tribe over blacks?
    Berger appears to be more competant than Abott.

ReputationRep:
    What a surprise, the PC brigade are out complaining because she's "racist"

And I thought we lived in a country of free speech or are you not allowed to talk about race any more?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MagicNMedicine)
    What a surprise, the PC brigade are out complaining because she's "racist"

And I thought we lived in a country of free speech or are you not allowed to talk about race any more?
    PC brigade, aye?

ReputationRep:
    So she should be, she comes out with bizarre statements. Absolute liability.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 11, 2013
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.