Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    How much more would I be likely get than 44K in IB? Or anywhere else for that matter.

^This job I have an offer for and it's only 37.5 hours a week.

Also does asset management pay same as IB initially? (I know the real money comes after years and years of strife).......BUT I want to work for a few years, buy a house/flat in london then go travelling for a while living off the rent before returning to really do something with my life. For this I'd be willing to trade 100 hour weeks for a while.

Thanks guys.

ReputationRep:
    IB at a top bank is GBP45k base + bonus + sign on.

37.5h on paper =/= 37.5h at work btw. I once signed a contract that stated working hours of 40h per week. I ended up working 80-90 hours constantly. Needless to say it was an investment bank.

Asset Management pays less in general, although top places will pay the same base as investment banks do. However, bonus will be lower, so all-in you will earn a little less. But who gives a **** if you earn 5k or 10k less in your first two years. This is only a small fraction of your overall career.

Btw, I like your plan, hopefully it is achievable for you.

ReputationRep:
    ^37.5 hours is genuinely what I will be working.... I did an internship there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by surfmonkey)
    IB at a top bank is GBP45k base + bonus + sign on.

But who gives a **** if you earn 5k or 10k less in your first two years. This is only a small fraction of your overall career.
    ^how much is base/sign on....unfortunately the 5-10K will make a difference as I want to escape the concrete hell hole that is london as soon as freaking possible.....

ReputationRep:
    My troll sensors are tingling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by running12345)
    ^37.5 hours is genuinely what I will be working.... I did an internship there.
    Naive in the extreme.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Even if I'm a troll just answer the troll .....

I genuinely want answers to this. And yes I will be working 35-40 hour weeks...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by running12345)
    Even if I'm a troll just answer the troll .....

I genuinely want answers to this. And yes I will be working 35-40 hour weeks...

To clarify I'm not a troll...how much is sign on+typical range of bonus...

ReputationRep:
    Epic dude if you're walking into that. Well played.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.