Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh hey!

So I thought I'd start a log on here as it would be pretty useful to track progress and can talk with like minded people!

As I'm new I can't post any pics, but will do as soon as my post count is up.

Routine is pretty loose at the minute, roughly working using a PPL routine (Push, Pull, legs) with a few random days and will update as often as possible.

Stats

Height - 6,5ft
    Weight - 101kg

(Haven't done 1RM in bloody ages so will post what I know)

Bench - 110kg x 10
    Front Squats - 120kg x 12
    Deadlifts - 180kg x 5
    Hang Cleans - 90kg x 8
    Kettlebell c&p - 40kg x 8
    BB Rows - 100kg x 10
    Dips - BW+40kg x 10
    WG Chins - BW+20kg x 12

I know the above stats are all mashed up as far as rep ranges are concerned, but they are the main lifts I focus on, along with gay little assistance stuff.

Goals

To get stronger!? More athletic and just look better!

Background

I used to play alot of Rugby, so had a reasonable base to work on, but I've been boxing for a while now, so it would be nice to build on my athletiscm and speed. I will only be logging my lifting otherwise this thread would get messy!

Diet

Anything I feel like eating.

If anyone has any questions then go ahead and ask!

ReputationRep:
    Ok so I've discovered I can post pics... So here is all I've got for the time being, a back shot taken at the end of last week.
    Also, excuse the sweaty ass/back and the chitty rugby shorts.
    Name:  Back Oct '13.jpg
Views: 2189
Size:  103.3 KB
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    in, you're one big mofo and strong too. how long have you been lifting?

ReputationRep:
    Haha, cheers, I still feel weedy just because it's so hard for me to put on a noticeable amount of mass because of my height.

Been lifting for years (not really knowing what I'm doing) lifting seriously for around 2 years with the odd break.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Just got back from a quick lifting session, I'm de-loading for the next week or so as I've been pushing pretty hard for months now and feel my body could do with a little down time! So just dropping the weights and upping reps.

09/10/13

Front Squats - 60kg x 20, 70kg x 15, 80kg x 15, 90kg x 15.

Deads - 60kg x 20, 100kg x 15, 140kg x 12, 160kg x 10.

Leg press - 160kg x 20, 200kg x 20, 240kg x 15

Cable crunches - 3 x Failure

Ab rollouts - 3 x Failure.

Not a huge amount done today, but I went down despite a headache (which has now gone!) I'm going to eat like a fatty tonight, might drop by Mc D's and pick up some double cheeseburgers .

ReputationRep:
    Are you bulking at the moment then? Where do you even start with calories when your 6ft 5 and 101kg?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amskyr)
    Are you bulking at the moment then? Where do you even start with calories when your 6ft 5 and 101kg?!
    Haha, just eat everything and hope! At my peak i was 120Kg, pushing rediculous numbers, those days are gone! Injuries from rugby and a little break from lifting have left me where I'm at now...

I'd like to hit 105kg by early next year then I'll start shredding, which will hopefully leave me at around 95kg. Have been toying with the idea of competing in something, as loads of guys down the gym do, one of which just won his natty pro card!

ReputationRep:
    I am jelly of your eating capacity, dont know what else to say I am that jelly.

Pro bodybuilding card?! Wow, that is impressive - isnt there only two cards given out in uk per year or something? All I know about bodybuilding is through looking through a few threads on bb.com. I am now immune to looking at orange, stacked men in little pants. My mum has caught me a few times as im scrolling down and has asked me what the hell Im looking at lol.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I've seen your posts around and strong everything. In to watch. We're the same height and I can only dream of being as strong as you one day, brah!

ReputationRep:
    I am jelly of your eating capacity, dont know what else to say I am that jelly.

Pro bodybuilding card?! Wow, that is impressive - isnt there only two cards given out in uk per year or something? All I know about bodybuilding is through looking through a few threads on bb.com. I am now immune to looking at orange, stacked men in little pants. My mum has caught me a few times as im scrolling down and has asked me what the hell Im looking at lol.
    My mums caught me doing the exact same, I think my situation is far worse.

ReputationRep:
    I think anyone, whether female or male, who is into fitness cannot deny looking at very lubed, nearly naked men/women. I forget the number of times that my family or mates have walked in on me with a screen full of men in pants. I'm fine with it though!

(Original post by Hype en Ecosse)
    I've seen your posts around and strong everything. In to watch. We're the same height and I can only dream of being as strong as you one day, brah!
    Thanks bro, my strength is certainly achievable for anyone, just put the work in and eat! It will be your time soon!

In other news I broke a PB today!

Managed to eat 5 double cheeseburgers just after work! ( I don't condone eating absolute chit, but every now and then it's fine!)

Pro bodybuilding card?! Wow, that is impressive - isnt there only two cards given out in uk per year or something?
    Yeah, my knowledge is quite limited but I'm sure only 2 are given out each year, male and female, so yeah pretty good!

Edit: Here's a pic I took the other week, just to give an idea, I'd like to gain a bit more size and cut down ealry next year to have visable abs etc. It's straight out the shower, semi relaxed and excuse the 'pose'...

Name:  Gaylord pose1.jpg
Views: 313
Size:  17.4 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugby234)
    I think anyone, whether female or male, who is into fitness cannot deny looking at very lubed, nearly naked men/women. I forget the number of times that my family or mates have walked in on me with a screen full of men in pants. I'm fine with it though!
    Yesss I forgot about the lube look, must be nice to have pecs that you can see your reflection in. I dont even think twice about looking through comp pics these days, I think their bums are just weird though, they have butterfly bums, not a fan but its easy to see the symmetry I guess.

Also looking thick, solid, tight, etc etc - delts look nice

ReputationRep:
    Had a quick blast around this evening, just high intensity pretty light stuff, DB c&p's, plyo press ups, rotator cuff work, rows, shrugs, curls, just lots of random chit I felt like doing!

Also looking thick, solid, tight, etc etc - delts look nice
    Haha, thanks, I think delts are my strongest body part, which is a problem as they seem to kick in with benching and dips a little too much. Was also told by one of the pt's that my DL form was a bit off and I have been pretty much been straight legging... so hopefully with better technique my dead should increase soon, hopefully...

ReputationRep:
    If u got gym brahs, youl progress faster cos u wont be that ******* leaving gym after 40mins, goodluck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingGym)
    If u got gym brahs, youl progress faster cos u wont be that ******* leaving gym after 40mins, goodluck
    Ok. Strong advice...

Tonight 14/10/13

Still taking it easy, having a light week(ish). Mainly Did body weight stuff and HIIT.

Dips 1x25, 3x15(+20kg), 3x20 (bw)
    WG Chins 3x20(bw)
    Leg press 4x20 (260kg)
    DB c+p 3 x 20 (28kg)
    Ab rollouts 3xF
    Plyo press ups 3 x 20
    10x40secs on 20secs off (Erg-rowing machine)

Felt good afterwards and my body is definitely thanking me for dropping the weights and the rediculous amounts of food!

Name:  front.jpg
Views: 784
Size:  43.4 KB

Pic from the front, having a mini dirty bulk at the min, so ab's are hiding! Chest has always seriously lagged, I'm pretty sure it's cause I use my shoulders too much... so by next summer need to just add overall size to upper body, traps, chest etc. It's not an excuse but making any progress size wise is such a chit when you are tall...!

ReputationRep:
    Bit of a random session tonight, but felt good. Going to pick things up again next week.

Hang Cleans 4x15 (70kg)
    Front Squats 4x15 (90kg)
    Dips 5x20 (bw)
    Cable flys 3x20 (40kg)
    Cable rows 3 x 25 (60kg)
    DB c+p 4x15 (26kg)

Also did some MT sparring and padwork for an hour after lifting.

I ran out of pwo (oh no!) so will probs take a few weeks break from that, I'm going to bulk until around christmas, so will post a few more pics so you can laugh at how fat I get...

ReputationRep:
    How do you find MT? Once I cut down by about June/July I might cut gym down to 2 sessions a week and add in some form of combat sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AreebWithaHat)
    How do you find MT? Once I cut down by about June/July I might cut gym down to 2 sessions a week and add in some form of combat sport.
    It's sick! been doing it for around 9/10months now. Loads of stretching, circuits, bag/pad work, sparring, although proper sparring is only really on Saturdays as a good session will leave you pretty beaten up. But lots of clinch work which is always fun seeing as I'm quite a bit bigger than everyone else! I do boxing as well, so it's nice to mix things up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rugby234)
    It's sick! been doing it for around 9/10months now. Loads of stretching, circuits, bag/pad work, sparring, although proper sparring is only really on Saturdays as a good session will leave you pretty beaten up. But lots of clinch work which is always fun seeing as I'm quite a bit bigger than everyone else! I do boxing as well, so it's nice to mix things up.
    I'll probs join some taster classes soon. Haha I can see why, at 6'5'' you could be quite scary to be up against.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 3, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered fitness blogs threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.