Turn on thread page Beta

How can I stay awake all day today? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Got less than 4 hours of sleep last night and I'm absolutely exhausted. I can feel my eyes actually burning.

Anyway I'm in college, all day from 9am - 4pm, with 4, 10 minute breaks and a 45 minute break for lunch. My first double class is the one when we usually go outside so I'll be pretty active in that class. My second double class is the one in the computer lab where we do stuff on Photoshop and the lecturer rambles on for 3 hours. I have a feeling I'll struggle to stay awake when I'm in front of a computer for 3 hours.

As soon as I get out of college, I have to head straight out as I'm going to a concert tonight and I'm heading to the place right after college. The concert is a seated one, so I won't be standing for too long, but I'm just worried that I'll struggle to not fall asleep during it. I won't get home till around 10.30pm and I'm just scared I won't last the whole day. When I'm exhausted, I feel really sick, I usually end up in a bad mood, and slightly cranky too. I just hope I don't feel like this the whole day.

Is there anything I can use to help me stay awake until tonight?

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you have some coffee in the morning and then bring a flask of coffee to college or something. As for staying awake in lessons and at the concert, always sit up straight and don't slouch because that way you'll feel sleepy.
    Try to talk with people around you, maybe even your teacher. A good conversation will keep you awake as long as it isnt boring. Of course, don't talk when you should be working. Also during break and lunch keep active and walk around and stay outside.
    Hope this helps

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not really related to staying awake, but I would recommend that you keep drinking a lot of water through the day. I've gone to school quite a few times on that little sleep (late-night gaming sessions ) and I always feel sick, like you said, but keeping myself hydrated makes it more bearable!

ReputationRep:
    Lots of caffeine! I usually do 10 hour days and only get about 5 hours a night - Tea is what keeps me going

ReputationRep:
    Coffee and energy drinks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Keep pinching yourself.

ReputationRep:
    keep posting exciting threads ....! and lots of fluids, fresh water!

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.