Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Here in New Zealand, the university year is almost ending, and I'm really sad.
    - I'm sad that I'm leaving my flat, even though I didn't really get on that well with my flatmates, I'll still miss them
    - I'm sad that I don't have any friends
    - I'm sad that next year will be my final year of university
    - I'm sad that I don't have a flat to live in next year, and must join strangers as I do not want to be lonely and live by myself
    - I'm sad that I haven't interacted much with girls in my 2 years of university

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish I had more time to sort my life out, and that this year didn't end. Does anyone else get really depressed when they realise that the academic year is ending?
    I was like this last year as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1st Love)
    Here in New Zealand, the university year is almost ending, and I'm really sad.
    - I'm sad that I'm leaving my flat, even though I didn't really get on that well with my flatmates, I'll still miss them
    - I'm sad that I don't have any friends
    - I'm sad that next year will be my final year of university
    - I'm sad that I don't have a flat to live in next year, and must join strangers as I do not want to be lonely and live by myself
    - I'm sad that I haven't interacted much with girls in my 2 years of university

I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wish I had more time to sort my life out, and that this year didn't end. Does anyone else get really depressed when they realise that the academic year is ending?
    I was like this last year as well.
    I know exactly how you feel! I'm only a 2nd year, but when I went back home for the summer holidays at the end of 1st year, I was in tears because I didn't want to go home. I absolutely loved my flatmates and I made so many good friends at uni, which was a change from school. I am missing them now I'm on my year abroad, but I've started to settle in to things here, so I don't know how I'm feeling about going back-I really enjoy the food here and I'm getting used to 8am starts every day, but I'm looking forward to seeing all my friends from back home again. I really don't want uni to end!

ReputationRep:
    It's strange because all my flatmates are wanting to go back home and stuff, because they get along well with their parents and stuff. But I really don't like my parents, and I feel like I'm the only one that doesn't want to leave.

I don't know what it is, but I really hate massive changes.
    And the thing is, I wake up at 5am and lose hours of sleep worrying and be depressed about this.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.