Turn on thread page Beta

Hi,

I recently posted a thread entitled "Please help me lose weight" in which I posted my age, height and weight. I was told that I might have an ED instead as my weight was fine.

I'm going to post this here with photos to prove I'm fat:

Attachment 246701Attachment 246702Attachment 246703

Do you still think I have an ED or do you agree I need to lose weight?

ReputationRep:
    Attachments don't work in anon, you'll have to upload them to a hosting site like photobucket or tinypic. And I'm 99% sure you're not fat, you're on the lower end of healthy.

and an ED is more about your thought processes and thought distortions around your body and food than what you actually look like. The fact that you said you WANT to be underweight, WANT to be the skinniest of your peers, (the fact that you're comparing yourself quite obsessively) The fact that you seem to attach so much self worth to your weight and the need to be "skinny" Bearing no regard to your health, as you must know that being underweight is not healthy for you.

The pictures:

http://tinypic.com/m/huizp2/2
    http://tinypic.com/m/huizp4/2
    http://tinypic.com/m/huizoz/2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Do you still think I have an ED or do you agree I need to lose weight?
    I suggested in your other thread how you probably 'look fantastic' and having quickly looked at those photos it appears I was absolutely correct. If anyone says you are overweight then they are lying, being deliberately cruel or suffer from an ED themselves.

You disagree with the views and advice of others on this site. I ask you to evaluate the following question and consider whether it is a rational or healthy thought process:
    All I wanted to know was how can I skip meals without feeling like I'm starving all the time?
    Please take a look at this website (they are called 'Beat'). If you want to consider this discussion objectively then they can advise you accordingly on the phone (0845-634-1414). Tell them what you tell us. Tell them about your rationale and thinking patterns. It can be done anonymously too.

Well done for coming back here with this thread. It's really important that you are questioning yourself and listening to the constructive advice which so many on TSR have given you freely

ReputationRep:
    Hey there! It's me again!

I forgot to say you can also discuss your thoughts, feelings anonymously on the Eating Disorders and life with one - Discussions, Opinions, Advice thread. They will give listen to anything you have to say, anything that causes you anxiety or difficulties. Support, if you want it, is only a click away.

ReputationRep:
    You definitely DO NOT need to lose weight. You look great! Healthy and toned, I can't see a bit of fat on you, just lean muscle and thats good. You need to be focusing on maintaining that healthy state, not obsessing about being underweight, skipping meals or being the skinniest of your peers.

I suggest you look at some of the links and support groups the other posters have given. Eating disorders are a mental illness and it is your throught processes and behaviour that defines them. You do not have to look really skinny to have an ED. Most people with EDs start out healthy or perhaps even a little overweight, but the eating disorder takes over.

Thanks guys, your comments are helpful

I don't think I can have an ED though. I don't think the pictures show my fatness properly

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys, your comments are helpful

I don't think I can have an ED though. I don't think the pictures show my fatness properly
    A common sign of eating disorders is that people think they look fat in the mirror, but not in photos.

I will also reiterate the point that EDs are more about your throught processes and body image than whether or not you are actually fat or skinny. Your distorted thinking is VERY characteristing of an ED. Can you really not see how unhealthy your thinking is. What would you think/say if a close friend of yours was saying exactly the same thing.

Even if you don't think you have an ED, would it hurt to look at some of the support forums etc ask questions, see what they think? See a doctor and see what they think?

Even if you did have a little fat in places, it doesn't mean you need to lose weight, as your weight is clearly healthy, it would just mean you'd need to target those areas to tone up.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.