Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello guys,

For my AH chem investigation I will be determining the cholesterol content in different types of egg (different chicken breeds, different colours, sizes ). I'll have mutiple aims for my experiment.

The first being a reliable method for testing cholesterol the second will be testing the difference between the white and the yolk and the third being the different types of egg as mentioned above.

For the first aim I'll be doing the Lieberman-Burchard test and prove it is effective by using textbook or internet values or stcok cholesterol solutions.

I was basically wondering if somebody had done something similar before and would be able to help me with my methods. How do I make the Lieberman-Burchard test? And will it cover the correct number of techniques?

Any help would eggcellent. I would really like to crack on with it as soon as possible.

Sorry for the puns, I couldn't resist the odd yolk
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Afraid you'll be unlikely to find an answer here! The main thing you seem to be lacking is a way to quantitatively measure the amount of cholesterol, so you're going to have to do a bit more research or find an expert to ask!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -neuro-)
    hello guys,

for my ah chem investigation i will be determining the cholesterol content in different types of egg (different chicken breeds, different colours, sizes ). I'll have mutiple aims for my experiment.

The first being a reliable method for testing cholesterol the second will be testing the difference between the white and the yolk and the third being the different types of egg as mentioned above.

For the first aim i'll be doing the lieberman-burchard test and prove it is effective by using textbook or internet values or stcok cholesterol solutions.

I was basically wondering if somebody had done something similar before and would be able to help me with my methods. How do i make the lieberman-burchard test? And will it cover the correct number of techniques?

Any help would eggcellent. i would really like to crack on with it as soon as possible.

sorry for the puns, i couldn't resist the odd yolk :e
    please tell me you know how to do it now!!

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to university
Uni match

Find your perfect match

Our tool will help you find the perfect uni course for you

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.