Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    First off, I love History, I find it really interesting. The thing is my grades aren't that great. I have a GCSE in History grade B and AS level D. I don't think these grades reflect my true ability as I have achieved much higher in areas such as English Lit and Religious Studies. I'm thinking of doing Theology and History but I'm worried that I will find the History side of it too hard and I will get bad grades! What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not going to beat around the bush. Most good Universities of which I'de say Queen Mary is a contender and also has ABB as entry requirements requires at least B at A-level in History. (source: I got into QM) That being said if you work hard and get your grades up which is possible you definitely stand a chance. Maybe not with KCL or UCL etc but with most others Universities you stand a good chance. eg. SOAS, QMUL, Sheffield etc.

I would say try to get at least ABB in your A-levels since Uni's can take an unlimited number of ABB+ students. Good luck

ReputationRep:
    I'm thinking of going to Winchester.

ReputationRep:
    Bumpety Bump!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the entry requirements and competition for the course.

Even if its a Points entry, having a very low grade at AS level in the named subject does suggest you lack the ability to study this at University level.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.