Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I withdrew from MDX uni on 30th of September and I called the Student Loans Company on the same day to cancel my application and they told me it was okay. However, I can still access my online account and on top of that, there's a payment schedule now telling me I'll get the first payment on 16th of October. I called both university and the SLC and this is what I got - university told me that I have succesfully withdrawn, but SLC told me that university confirmed my attendance and they need to send some letter telling the SLC that I have withdrawn. What happen if the money comes through on 16th? Will I have to pay even though I didn't attend at all?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hi there,

When you leave a course after the course has started, the university needs to confirm this with us by sending us an electronic notification.

Once this has been processed, any future payments will be cancelled.

You can call up on 0845 300 5090 and request we block any future payments to ensure they are not paid to yourself, however, we are unable to block any Tuition Fee payments until we receive the withdrawal notification.

Any fees incurred by yourself for attending the course is an issue between yourself and the university and you would need to speak with them in regards to this.

Thanks,

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.