Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically, I took a bit of a rash decision to apply to top uni's for straight econ. Warwick, LSE twice and UCL twice. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!?

My Grades are below average I think for these uni's, judging by tsr (not a fair representation I know but still).
    GCSE: 4As, 6Bs 3 Cs
    AS: AAAC (Maths,Biology, RS, Geography respectively)
    Final A2: AAA ( Maths,Biology, RS) while self teaching entire A2 Further maths and predicted A*A* in maths and FM.

Also, a key thing here is I've already done my A levels and achieved 3 A's. Do you think i was wrong/crazy in applying for these universities if im predicted A*A*AA?

ReputationRep:
    No! You have amazing a level predictions and as long as your personal statement holds up, you'll be fine.
    Dw about it, you have a strong chance!

I know someone who got into Warwick with 3 B'S, but that's Biomed granted.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, but im so unsure since economics is such a competitive course and my GCSE's are so poor.
    Dont even think i stand a chance

ReputationRep:
    anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hazard17)
    Thanks, but im so unsure since economics is such a competitive course and my GCSE's are so poor.
    Dont even think i stand a chance
    Honestly, people don't give a crap abotu GCSE's.They want good A Level Results and everyone knows A Level is of a much higher standard than GCSE.
    I did pretty good in my GCSEs, but for A Level I'm slipping so much right now. If it was me vs you, unis would so much rather pick you.
    DW!! Hey, I'm doing Eco too!!
    good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSunnyDay)
    Honestly, people don't give a crap abotu GCSE's.They want good A Level Results and everyone knows A Level is of a much higher standard than GCSE.
    I did pretty good in my GCSEs, but for A Level I'm slipping so much right now. If it was me vs you, unis would so much rather pick you.
    DW!! Hey, I'm doing Eco too!!
    good luck
    Hahaha thanks where are you applying to?

ReputationRep:
    Okay so basically, I took a bit of a rash decision to apply to top uni's for straight econ. Warwick, LSE twice and UCL twice. WHAT HAVE I DONE!!!?

My Grades are below average I think for these uni's, judging by tsr (not a fair representation I know but still).
    GCSE: 4As, 6Bs 3 Cs
    AS: AAAC (Maths,Biology, RS, Geography respectively)
    Final A2: AAA ( Maths,Biology, RS) while self teaching entire A2 Further maths and predicted A*A* in maths and FM.

Also, a key thing here is I've already done my A levels and achieved 3 A's. Do you think i was wrong/crazy in applying for these universities if im predicted A*A*AA?
    this was ages ago
    hows your work and everything going? i guess you have exams now
    why economics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pureandmodest)
    this was ages ago
    hows your work and everything going? i guess you have exams now
    why economics?
    Offer for Ucl stats and econ

Self taught further maths AS. On course to meet the requirement

Funny how things change

ReputationRep:
    Offer for Ucl stats and econ

Self taught further maths AS. On course to meet the requirement

Funny how things change
    haha yaay further maths seems so hard, you must've worked so hard! pays off though
    why economics?

ReputationRep:
    haha yaay further maths seems so hard, you must've worked so hard! pays off though
    why economics?
    Hahaha thank you, appreciate you checking up on me :hugs:

Economics because i really wanted to get into investment banking, then i realised that i really enjoy studying maths and I'm not so bad as i thought when it came to self-teaching. So I'm really glad that the course i firmed was Economics and statistics. I'd say im an extremely ambitious person with big plans, and i see doing economics at a top uni is the first step

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha thank you, appreciate you checking up on me :hugs:

Economics because i really wanted to get into investment banking, then i realised that i really enjoy studying maths and I'm not so bad as i thought when it came to self-teaching. So I'm really glad that the course i firmed was Economics and statistics. I'd say im an extremely ambitious person with big plans, and i see doing economics at a top uni is the first step
    haha yeah
    rememberr thoughh, when you're making all that money... be modest :c you probably know this but still, you're going to be so tempted to just... show off, try and humble yourself with the fact it all came from God and He can take it back just as fast as He gave it to youu

ReputationRep:
    haha yeah
    rememberr thoughh, when you're making all that money... be modest :c you probably know this but still, you're going to be so tempted to just... show off, try and humble yourself with the fact it all came from God and He can take it back just as fast as He gave it to youu
    Haha true, wise words. Who are you and who sent you to guide me?

For me its not about making crazy amounts of money to show off. What i really want is to help people to be fair. But can i now? no way in hell. First, i must make a name for myself, build a reputation to inflict maximum effect. I can only help others if i can help myself.

ReputationRep:

For me its not about making crazy amounts of money to show off. What i really want is to help people to be fair. But can i now? no way in hell. First, i must make a name for myself, build a reputation to inflict maximum effect. I can only help others if i can help myself.
    haha noone has the intention to show off from the start... i think it just comes later on
    and everyone wants to help people
    but when theres a girl you like, or a group of old friends you meet up with again, you're like mannn i gotta impress these guys
    i've learnt from the people around me, that when you have a lot of money, people get jealous and they do things to just make you unhappy! it's sad :/ but it's reality
    your parents want you to be successful, they're the ones that sincerelyyyy care about you

ReputationRep:

Can I ask your ums across AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    Can I ask your ums across AS?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    88- C1
    85-C2
    89- S1

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 14, 2014

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 23 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    All Faculties Undergraduate
    Sat, 24 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.