Turn on thread page Beta

changing tea towels watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    currently at university, I use a tea towel to dry dishes, plates, cutlery etc. I don't really use the tea towel for anything else other than drying my hands, how often should I change the tea towel?

also does anyone disinfect dish sponges, I found that you can microwave them or put them in bleach. how often would be suitable to do this?

ReputationRep:
    Dish sponges come in a large pack for about a pound. I'd just throw it away lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anazoth)
    Dish sponges come in a large pack for about a pound. I'd just throw it away lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yeah but saving money and all of at

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaTheresa)
    currently at university, I use a tea towel to dry dishes, plates, cutlery etc. I don't really use the tea towel for anything else other than drying my hands, how often should I change the tea towel?

also does anyone disinfect dish sponges, I found that you can microwave them or put them in bleach. how often would be suitable to do this?
    I don't really know how long you should leave a tea towel, i've probably left mine too long :lol: for bleaching a cloth i just put some warm water in the sink, add some bleach and leave the cloth to soak a bit- it's what my granny used to do so i just copied her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmmaTheresa)

Normally I change mine every 2 weeks and no later than a month but have a tea towel and a hand towel for in the kitchen. Not sure about the dish sponges though, I normally use them to death and then buy another

ReputationRep:
    I have quite a few tea towels, I normally swap for a clean one each week, I have had my tea towels for a few years now and they still perfectly fine and would throw them out when they are falling apart.

As for disinfect dish sponges I have never heard of anyone doing that, I use mine till it can't be used anymore and will get another one out the big packet they come in

ReputationRep:
    I change tea towels every 3 days ish and have one for the dishes and one for drying hands.
    I tend to buy Tesco value sponge/scourers which are about 19p for 5, and change those once or twice a week or earlier if they fall apart :P

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.