Turn on thread page Beta

What motivates you? watch

ReputationRep:
    What keeps you working hard? How do you motivate yourself?

ReputationRep:
    Fear of failure.

ReputationRep:
    Being able to get into university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iamascientist999)
    Nothing really... I put minimal effort into everything then work hard when I think I'm going to fail

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munazic483)
    Fear of failure.
    (Original post by Blazinq)
    Being able to get into university.
    Sometimes I feel rather lazy if I work a lot. What motivates me is knowing their are poor people in life who would do anything for an education, so the least I can do is do my best!

ReputationRep:
    Knowing that there are so many people who don't get an education, let alone free education. Most of the time though, it's because I have so many people's expectations on my shoulders as well as mine so, I can let myself down but not everyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    This man

Name:  hand.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  32.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Guren)
    Sometimes I feel rather lazy if I work a lot. What motivates me is knowing their are poor people in life who would do anything for an education, so the least I can do is do my best!
    I mean failure in the sense of the opportunities I have. I enjoyed school and feel I appreciated the opportunities someone born in England has compared to a lot of the world. It's just that whilst I enjoyed school, the reason I wanted to do well was because I feared failure in terms of not taking the opportunities given to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by munazic483)
    I mean failure in the sense of the opportunities I have. I enjoyed school and feel I appreciated the opportunities someone born in England has compared to a lot of the world. It's just that whilst I enjoyed school, the reason I wanted to do well was because I feared failure in terms of not taking the opportunities given to me.
    Thats a pretty good reason as well We also have loads of good teachers that get paid much more compared to LEDCS so max out help from them :lol:

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of ways you can try. Download the free article "How to increase motivation and tackle procrastination" from www.keweipress.com which shows you what you can do.

Alternatively, download the free eBook "You too can study more easily: tips for dummies and others" which contains this article as well as chapters on doing better in exams, tips for doing research, and the like. It's on the same site.

this

ReputationRep:
    Money and having a better life that my parents provided me when I was a child. I Have a lot of dreams and ambitions and I want to look back when i'm 40 and say yeah I accomplished all off them.

ReputationRep:
    The possibility of getting the best grades and ultimately receiving a decent salary as well as doing a highly respected job, which i would dearly enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    The thought (or possibility) of gaining admission to Oxford for Chemistry!

And peer pressure. Really hate it in class when someone is better than I am. Damn you Maths geeks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The fact that if I screw up my A2 exams, I will have to waste a year of my life fixing mistakes that I could have avoided.

ReputationRep:
    Wanting to prove my teachers wrong

ReputationRep:
    Looking forward to that feeling you get when you're accepted into your dream uni, how proud my parents would be when I announce my results, my friends' results (I use it to motivate myself, as It annoys me when a friend achieves higher results than me)

ReputationRep:
    If you go to your local Job Centre and see exactly what type of people are there.

ReputationRep:
    Hate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cashmee)
    Hate
    :lol: That's pretty evil.

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.