Turn on thread page Beta

Can I follow an International Business degree with a Web Development Masters? watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm basically looking for some advice. I'm in my third year of an International Business with French & Mandarin course. The emphasis on this course is being taught business in french, with Mandarin on the side. I have so far done a broad range of modules, ranging from Marketing, to Finance, to Business Environment, Accounting, etc. I am currently in France doing a placement in online marketing. By the end of this year I will have completed 3 separate placements in online marketing, 2 in France and 1 in China.

In my current internship I am working mostly on SEO and SMO, with a small amount of web design and web development alongside. I have come to the realisation that I actually really enjoy web design and web development! My problem is that I will have finished my degree with no creative element to the degree at all, and I am really interested in this type of work.

I really am an amateur when it comes to this; I have an intermediate knowledge of HTML and no knowledge of CSS, and I have a graphic design A-level but no further training in any design work! I have been doing some design work here for my internship, but that is it.

My question is: Is it possible for me to do a web development masters after having done an undergraduate degree in Business? Is this a worthy course to take? Should I be looking at Web Design or Web development course? So far I have been thinking that a web development course would be more worthy?

Any advice at all would be appreciated!!

ReputationRep:
    You can do a masters with out a degree in the same field, but you have to have relevant and a certain amount of experience and be able to display it (it would be expected to be degree level experience). With only knowledge of HTML and a bit of web work, I would try and gain more experience first if you don't want to go down the academic route. Or you could mix some qualifications with your experience to get to the appropriate level to be able to handle the masters work. I would look at different university's entrance requirements for the masters and see what they want and how you think you can best reach that level. Hope that helps

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Marketing,Sales ad PR Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.