The Student Room Group

I feel that I'm only physically attracted to females of a "higher level" than me.

I know it can be hard to measure attractiveness objectively but I always feel as though I'm only attracted to girls/women who are on a "higher level" than me, but I can't help it & it's one of my requirements for a relationship & I wouldn't want to settle for less. I feel that I'm probably about average for an ethnically South Asian guy when I compare myself to my colleagues at my dad's restaurant & the guys I play football with on Sundays. I don't think that I'm being pessimistic about my looks just honest really. Anyone else like this?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Never settle for anyone less than, that doesn't live up to the standards you have set for yourself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Higher level for what? Looks, intelligence, personality?
OP, kindly elaborate on the "higher level'' bit as that could better help me (and I suppose others) understand the context.
Reply 4
Hmm I can see where you're coming from. Doesn't apply to me personally though. I don't think in terms of leagues and tables, I only concern myself with that when I'm looking at the Premier League standings. If I think a girl is attractive I'll go there and make a bit of effort regardless of how hot I perceive her to be in comparison with myself. :moon:
In that case, it is not unnatural for the OP to look for a girl who is better looking than himself.
So go for girls of a higher 'level' than you
On a "higher level" eh? :colone: You been peeking up women's skirts as they go up the stairs?
Original post by katyness
I get nothing out of it. They might as well be hobos on the street.

You don't think those guys are attractive? I get they're not personally to your appeal but surely you can see they're not ugly.. :lolwut:
Reply 9
This escalated quickly.
Reply 10
Yep, I have no filter at all.

Congratulations, you're a racist. Do you want a ****ing cookie for that? Please, be "opinionated" in front of your teacher or boss next time. Or is that when the coward comes out? :rolleyes:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 11
Don't people toot on about 'preferences' on here when someone expresses that they have more of an attraction towards one race over others?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Ham22
Don't people toot on about 'preferences' on here when someone expresses an attraction towards one race over others?

It's not about her having a preference, it's about her saying the OP should have no standards because he's Asian. Fair enough if she isn't attracted to Asian men, but why come here and make OP feel like **** when plenty of women do not share her opinion?

My boyfriend's Asian. I think he's very attractive. So her idea that everyone finds Asians ugly is just stupid
Reply 13
Original post by Spontogical
Hmm I can see where you're coming from. Doesn't apply to me personally though. I don't think in terms of leagues and tables, I only concern myself with that when I'm looking at the Premier League standings. If I think a girl is attractive I'll go there and make a bit of effort regardless of how hot I perceive her to be in comparison with myself. :moon:

I tip my hat to you, good sir.

The whole notion of ratings and leagues and "is she on another level" etc. is complete nonsense.

Think someone's attractive? Then go for it. End of.

I always think people who go on about ratings are the like are extremely shallow anyway, regardless of how nice they look. :K: It's really off-putting.
Reply 14
Seriously, you can't have standards. Asian men are ugly.

There's a difference between being opinionated and being a complete ass.
They are ugly to me.

Vice-versa you might be ugly to them as well? :wink:
I get nothing out of it. They might as well be hobos on the street.

zayn malik :L
Original post by Tyrion_Lannister
It's not about her having a preference, it's about her saying the OP should have no standards because he's Asian. Fair enough if she isn't attracted to Asian men, but why come here and make OP feel like **** when plenty of women do not share her opinion?

My boyfriend's Asian. I think he's very attractive. So her idea that everyone finds Asians ugly is just stupid

PRSOM :smile:
Original post by IlexBlue
I tip my hat to you, good sir.

The whole notion of ratings and leagues and "is she on another level" etc. is complete nonsense.

Think someone's attractive? Then go for it. End of.

I always think people who go on about ratings are the like are extremely shallow anyway, regardless of how nice they look. :K: It's really off-putting.

:hat2: - I hate the idea of league tables and /10's etc glad someone thinks similarly to me.
Reply 19
Original post by IlexBlue
There's a difference between being opinionated and being a complete ass.

True. But this is the internet, people are bound to say exactly how they feel. I just happen to be like that even outside the internet which gets me in trouble but I don't see why I should be different on here :confused:

Original post by XingBairong
Vice-versa you might be ugly to them as well? :wink:

Well I know that's not entirely true because I've been hit on by asians but you are right they might not find me attractive. And I'm perfectly fine with that because.... I don't find them attractive :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending