Turn on thread page Beta

So, I've fallen in love with a guy friend at my school. He doesn't know I like him, because before I could tell him he confronted me and told me straight up, "I really like spending time with you and sometimes feel like we should date. But, I dont know, it's just an occasional thought and right now I have lots of things I need to focus on".
    I'm a bit lost of how to react. Should I kind of keep my distance, so that he can really focus and perhaps he'll appreciate that I'm giving him the space he needs? He may miss me and that may clear up his thoughts and convince him that he really likes me?
    OR, is it better that I really do focus on him now, and almost become 'clingy', yet hopefully not in an annoying way. I mean, always find him during breaks and start up conversation, invite him out, etc. Just to show him that I'm interested and that us dating would be fun (he does seem to enjoy any time we spend together).

In a nutshell; I'm dealing with a guy who isn't sure about his feelings. Better to give him space and see if he misses me (and thereby also act cool and not clingy), or to really push myself towards him and convince him that I like him (hoping that would cause him to reciprocate). Does clinging ever work?

ReputationRep:
    He's letting you know his feelings but doing it in a way that if you turned him away, you could still be friends. You need to just be honest and tell him your feelings and that you think its time we went out on a date and see how things go. If he says no, then just say that you hope it hasn't affected your friendship. If he says yes, The most important thing though is don't go and do something that you have done with him as friends before otherwise it will feel like another ordinary day of you two hanging out.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 10, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.