Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    There is no WBA Society on here is there? The Societies are only for bigger clubs, is that the case? (No disrespect to West Bromwich Albion, I just meant the bigger premiership clubs all have forums on here, maybe the support base of Albion just don't come on tsr or have so few to form a forum)

ReputationRep:
    Feel free to start a WBA society thread! It's been left to the members to create their own threads and maintain them. The more popular clubs obviously have a lot more discuss in them. We have an Everton thread, Newcastle thread and an Aston Villa thread but there are sometimes active and sometimes now - just depends.

ReputationRep:
    I guess there just aren't that many WBA fans posting on here or else they would have started one. I'm trying to think if I've actually seen a WBA fan posting on here regularly in the football section ... can't say I have to be honest.

ReputationRep:
    I think TheMagicRat is the only bromich supporter who regularly posts here.

ReputationRep:
    Baggies fan to sub right here

ReputationRep:
    There was a troll Albion fan on here - he hated Villa.

ReputationRep:
    Boing boing I'm a Baggies fan, just not a frequenter of the football forums on here. They don't take kindly to girls.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I think there has been a WBA thread somewhere, wasn't active so possibly long way off the pages, not 100% sure though.

ReputationRep:
    Good thread.

Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham? I've always wondered it and I go to Sandwell quite a lot, doesn't feel any different, I consider it to be a part of Brum to be honest.

Same postcode, phone code, names have the same origin, West Brom = West Brum. Can imagine it being a hot potato for some people though.

Since 2009, there has been a petition to merge Sandwell with Birmingham. If successful, Birmingham would substantially increase in size with a combined population of over 1,300,000.
    Didn't realise this. That explains it then.

(Original post by madders94)
    Boing boing I'm a Baggies fan, just not a frequenter of the football forums on here. They don't take kindly to girls.
    We do as long as you don't talk rubbish, glousck is one of the most respected & knowledgeable football posters on here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madders94)
    (Original post by Wilfred Little)
    Good thread.

Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham? I've always wondered it and I go to Sandwell quite a lot, doesn't feel any different, I consider it to be a part of Brum to be honest.

Same postcode, phone code, names have the same origin, West Brom = West Brum. Can imagine it being a hot potato for some people though.

We do as long as you don't talk rubbish, glousck is one of the most respected & knowledgeable football posters on here.
    ra-ra-ra also is a great poster in the Euro/World football thread.

Think there are a couple of other girls too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    ra-ra-ra also is a great poster in the Euro/World football thread.

Think there are a couple of other girls too.
    Yeah she knows her onions. Must admit I'm struggling to think of anyone else but that's cos most of the other girls I've seen post aren't established members, low post counts, massively in the red & post utter ****e.

It'd be good if more girls did post in here, I reckon.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Yeah she knows her onions. Must admit I'm struggling to think of anyone else but that's cos most of the other girls I've seen post aren't established members, low post counts, massively in the red & post utter ****e.

It'd be good if more girls did post in here, I reckon.
    Ipswichblade was a good poster, I don't think they're active anymore though.

ReputationRep:
    Questions for Baggies (ones from West Brom), do you consider yourself to be from Birmingham?
    Absolutely not!
    Just like those from Dudley or Walsall don't consider themselves part of Birmingham. Saying that, mind you, Smethwick (which then included the area of The Hawthorns) voted an awful long time ago against joining Birmingham by a single vote.
    Actually, The Hawthorns today is precariously close to Hansworth on the Birmingham border, but the only administrative classification of the place having anything to do with Birmingham is the postcode.

I'm not sure people from Birmingham want anything to do with Sandwell either, to be quite honest.

ReputationRep:
    Come on now guys, which one of you is the Lehmby dupe?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)
    About time the best club in the Midlands got their own TSR page.

Pride of the midlands. WKWWA

Boing Boing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TRS-T)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Political Cake)
    Absolutely not!
    Thought as much

Just like those from Dudley or Walsall don't consider themselves part of Birmingham. Saying that, mind you, Smethwick (which then included the area of The Hawthorns) voted an awful long time ago against joining Birmingham by a single vote.
    Actually, The Hawthorns today is precariously close to Hansworth on the Birmingham border, but the only administrative classification of the place having anything to do with Birmingham is the postcode.
    Dudley is further out so I can understand that. Like you say it's right on the border, had a few Baggies fans in my class at school. Dunno, I just always considered it a part of Birmingham and I know a lot of people here do too.

I'm not sure people from Birmingham want anything to do with Sandwell either, to be quite honest.
    I dunno, if there's a petition then who's signing it?

(Original post by WKWWA)

#js

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Political Cake)
    Absolutely not!

I have heard the East stand at the Hawthorns is in Birmingham, the rest of the ground is in Sandwell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hsv)
    I have heard the East stand at the Hawthorns is in Birmingham, the rest of the ground is in Sandwell.
    Serious?

ReputationRep:
    Thought as much

Dudley is further out so I can understand that. Like you say it's right on the border, had a few Baggies fans in my class at school. Dunno, I just always considered it a part of Birmingham and I know a lot of people here do too.

I dunno, if there's a petition then who's signing it?

#js
    Table means nothing after 7 games, absolutely nothing. Come back to me in Jan. Guaranteed to finish top 10 minimum, above villa.

Our squad is strongest it's ever been.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: January 30, 2014
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Football Discussions
Football League

The Football League

For all conversation about the English football league.

Fantasy Football

TSR's Fantasy Football League

Clean sheets, bonus points and captain picks, discuss it all here.

Predictions

TSR's Football Predictions Competition

Get your crystal balls out and win a prize!

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.