Turn on thread page Beta

Mental health books? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I'm here to recommend a book that I got when first diagnosed.
    It helps me ALOT: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Manage-Your-...utler+and+hope

It has chapters on different types of depression, sleep problems, relationships/friendships when suffering with depression, work, almost anything you can think off!!

If anyone else has any other book recommendation, I'd really appreciate that!

ReputationRep:
    I know this is weird but I started reading self help books a bit. Demi Lovato wrote a book called "Staying Strong" and it has little phrases to keep you going every day for 365 days
    I also read books that were relatable for me- Bridget Jones Diarys are absolutely amazing- they make you feel so less lonely and you have a bit of a laugh too

If you read alot then read Divergent! It has nothing to do with mental health but omg it is amazing.
    When your world gets too tough, just pick up a book and dive into those characters worlds

ReputationRep:
    Maybe there could be a book club thread on TSR where we read a fiction/non-fiction book with a connection to mental health? Like One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest or The Reason I Jump, Curious Incident.....

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 23, 2014
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.