Turn on thread page Beta

Shall I retake ECON2? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    These are my UMS marks for AS Economics

ECON1 (AQA): 83/100 - A
    ECON2 (AQA): 80/100 - A

I though I had done extremely well in ECON2, however the grade boundaries are pretty high

Anyways, I am hoping to study Economics at UCL, and they want an A in Economics, however what is worrying me is if I flop one exam it may bring me down to a B

I have always preffered Macro over Micro, however my grades don't reflect this

So, shall I retake??????:confused:

ReputationRep:
    I did Edexcel Economics and because I took Economics as a joke when I did my AS I ended up with B's in both Economics 1 and 2. However, I scored an A* in Economics with a little bit of hard work at A2. So I think the better question would be: are you confident that without the resit in Economics 2, you can score the A you want at the end? I thought about resitting both Economics 1 and 2 as I was aiming for an A*, but my Economics teacher advised me not to do so as it would waste my time and that I should focus on my A2's because even if I did better in the retakes, it would only help me secure an A while what I wanted was an A*. So you could ask your teacher for their opinion as they tend to have a better understanding of your abilities. I am grateful for the teacher's advice as I was better able to concentrate on my A2's without doing the retakes. He also said that because I scored B's does not mean that is a reflection of how good I am at Economics. He went ahead to explain that even the best of students can score B's because they were not well prepared among many other reasons. However, if you strongly feel as though taking the retake will help boost your grades and depending on how hard you find the A2 topics, you should do the resit. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A193)
    These are my UMS marks for AS Economics

ECON1 (AQA): 83/100 - A
    ECON2 (AQA): 80/100 - A

I though I had done extremely well in ECON2, however the grade boundaries are pretty high

Anyways, I am hoping to study Economics at UCL, and they want an A in Economics, however what is worrying me is if I flop one exam it may bring me down to a B

I have always preffered Macro over Micro, however my grades don't reflect this

So, shall I retake??????:confused:
    I'd definitely consider retaking Unit 2 in your position. Unit 2 and Unit 4 are very similar and it will help provide a strong foundation for Unit 4 since so much is the same on the course. Well done for getting an A in both units nonetheless.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 12, 2013

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.