Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Let's talk about the world's greatest food - Pizza

What are you guy's favorite toppings, take out, frozen pizzas?

I've personally never had a bad pizza, and I even love the Cheese & Tomato 60p Morrisons Saver ones.

The only toppings I really eat is Ham (from a Ham & Pineapple), Steak (from Pizza Hut!) and Chicken (from DiMaggios)

I used to get Jalapenos, but I got food poising once from it and never got them again ><

ReputationRep:
    Chicago Town ones are good (them ones where you get two in a box), I will eat them all, don't care about toppings. They are VERY hot when you take them out of the microwave though so beware of molten cheese and pizza sauce obliterating your mouth.

This is quality too, best one is the pepperoni. Generally though if I'm buying frozen pizzas to cook in the oven, I avoid ones with meat (particularly pork) on. If I'm eating a cheap pizza from ASDA or something I will stick to just cheese and tomato to avoid this problem. ASDA's pizza counter thingy is quite good though (tuna and sweetcorn is very, very good).

I like the pizza baguettes from Gregg's too, not had them in a while though.

There is a pizza shop up the road from me, it is run by Italians, they're pretty good and make the dough and everything in front of you, nice little shop. Half price between 12 and 2, usually get a 12" Firenze. Gonna get one tomorrow now thanks.

As far as takeaways go, hard to call between Papa John's and Domino's (Domino's have stepped their game up recently though, they used to be ****), Papa John's for pizza, Domino's for sides I think. My favourite toppings from Papa John's is either the Chicken BBQ, The Works, The Mexican or the Hawaiian Special. Don't pay full price though, go on HotUkDeals and get some vouchers.

I have not tried Pizza Hut other than at birthday parties as a child, I'm interested in this - http://i7.cdnds.net/13/38/450x450/ch...lone-small.jpg Anyone tried it? 10 cheeseburgers in the crust .

ReputationRep:
    It's all about the base for me !

I love those rustic, wood fired pizza dough bases, especially the crinkly, irregular edges with some bits blackened and others pale brown.

If you can find a good pizza restaurant with a genuine wood fired oven, using top grade flour then that's just impossible to beat, but who has the money to eat out at one of those places every night?

Most supermarkets do a "wood fired" or "stone baked" range of pizzas, I doubt very much they have ever seen a "wood fire" or a "stone base" especially as they are frozen raw for home cooking! However they still taste great for everyday eating.

I usually just get a plain pizza and ad my own toppings, that way I always get what I like. I have some strange tastes, my favourite is olives, anchovies & capers or occasionally ham & artichokes, everyone likes peperoni and I'm no exception, so if i CBA to add my own toppings then a peperoni pizza will stem my hunger pangs

ReputationRep:
    There's a pizza place here that does proper Chicago deep dish and it's amazing with sausage and pepperoni. Probably like 1000 calories a slice but I love it.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    There's a pizza shop by my parent's house that makes tgeir pizzas in front of you, theb cooks it in a clay oven right there. It's amazing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    There's a pizza place here that does proper Chicago deep dish and it's amazing with sausage and pepperoni. Probably like 1000 calories a slice but I love it.
    I can believe that.

(Yeah I'm jelly btw.)

ReputationRep:
    Asda pizza is the king of all pizzas and potentially king of all food!

ReputationRep:
    Papa John's is too salty, I could never stomach it. Always preferred Dominos.

ReputationRep:
    Tried a Prezzo Pizza recently. I fell in love!

For me, it always has to be a simple Margareta, with the addition of garlic dip if I'm at Pizza Hut.

Either the humble mushroom pizza, or pizza topped with goats cheese, asparagus and with an egg in the middle.

ReputationRep:
    Pizza Hut do a nice BBQ chicken one.

I much prefer pasta though because usually the topping slides off the pizza when I pick it up

ReputationRep:
    Dominos is where its at. They're expensive though....

Pepperoni is my favourite topping, and jalapenos. I like it hot

ReputationRep:
    I do partake in a dominoes quite regularly, hot dog stuffed crusts are a cracking idea. Pizza express is pretty damn good to go out too though.

When not blowing a load of money on overpriced delivered pizza I go for thin based, pepperoni usually.

ReputationRep:
    Currently getting paid to eat Domino's: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2487272

I actually really got into pepperoni and pineapple as a set of toppings.. it's like a spicier Hawaiian

Has anyone tried the Pizza Hut burger-stuffed pizza?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Has anyone tried the Pizza Hut burger-stuffed pizza?!

:adore:

I need to have one of these pizzas!

What's that green **** in the middle though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    :adore:

I need to have one of these pizzas!

What's that green **** in the middle though?
    Dunno. Couldn't tell if it was lettuce or something, but I'm sure you can get it with normal-person toppings

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarkWhite)
    Dunno. Couldn't tell if it was lettuce or something, but I'm sure you can get it with normal-person toppings
    That level of gluttony shouldn't be polluted with salad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moonkatt)
    That level of gluttony shouldn't be polluted with salad.
    I'd make some exceptions, for salad items as toppings - sweetcorn a prime example

ReputationRep:
    Pizza in a cone is actually nice, i had konopizza
    Tbh i prefer buying ciabatta bread and adding my own toppings, cheese tomato & mushrooms, maybe ham or chorizo

ReputationRep:
    Spinach and ricotta is ok.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 16, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.