Turn on thread page Beta
    • Thread Starter

    Hiya, I dropped out of university after only 2 years in 2009...started a month of the 3rd year but i could not carry on. I was doing a performing arts course,absolutely loved it, am so so keen to go back now and either complete 3rd year or take 2nd and 3rd again.

    Does anyone know if this is a realistic option for me, I have emailed admissions and see what they say, or will I have to start over somewhere else?

    Totes confused!!

    JD X

    I'm sure if you give them a suitable reason for dropping out on a couple of occasions, then it would be realistic for you to go back into your 3rd year. Because many students come from college and go straight into the 3rd year of uni so I don't see why you shouldn't be able to do that.
    Although they'll most likely look into the fact that you've dropped out.
    Perhaps try other uni's if this happens?

    In terms of student finance you can follow this guide...

    Work out how many years your next course lasts.
    Add one.
    Subtract from this the number of years you have already received funding for.
    The number you are left with is how many years worth of funding you are eligible to receive.

    Number of years of next course = A. Length of time already in study (years) = B. Number of years worth of funding you are entitled to = C.

    (A+1) - B = C.
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.