Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I know, this will come off as a stupid question. But someone recently told me that a lot of people think the wrong answer (and I can't believe it's true without asking).

So please don't post a definition, don't check the definition, just post yes or no based on what you think without answering. I will edit this post in a couple of days to show the answer in a spoiler.

Spoiler:
    Show
    No eggs aren't dairy. They're completely separate. But this thread has indicated something to me that I thought would be the case. That most people KNOW that eggs aren't dairy. Why anyone would think they are, or that other people think they are, is beyond me. But it's nice to have more to go on then me simply stating 'no most people don't think that'.

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    No

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by desdemonata)
    No.
    Please edit the excess information out of your post so that it doesn't influence other posters .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by there's too much love)
    Please edit the excess information out of your post so that it doesn't influence other posters .
    :confused: surely it's common knowledge what the definition of dairy is? But as you wish, your thread

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I did have to think for a min but id say no

ReputationRep:
    Eggs are like unborn chickens ?

ReputationRep:
    Dairy as in milk production - i'd be pissed if i went to eat an egg and found milk in it :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    These threads are the lifeblood of TSR. I love it that people genuinely need to question this kinda thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    No :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simonion)
    These threads are the lifeblood of TSR. I love it that people genuinely need to question this kinda thing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think you misunderstand, this isn't about me wondering if eggs are dairy, but trying to see if many people do, as someone made that claim I'm testing it as much as I can. I don't have the man power to go to the streets, and this might not be credible in a scientific study, but it is an indicator that the claim that a lot of people think eggs are a form of dairy is false.

ReputationRep:
    Yes. They contain protein which helps me with my gainz, and dairy also contains protein which helps me with my gainz, hence eggs are dairy. I LOVE PROTEIN. I love gainz.

Spoiler:
    Show
    100% not srs. No.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, absolutely. It's common knowledge that eggs are actually laid by cows, and that the whole chicken thing is a huge conspiracy.

ReputationRep:
    My initial thought was "no, eggs are not dairy because they are not a product consisting of milk or deriving from the processing of milk".

Having googled it after, it seems that I was correct.

ReputationRep:
    I've always been told they were, and wondered why that would be :erm: them food chart things we used to have at school always showed eggs in the dairy section too...

Turns out my suspicions were correct! They aren't!

ReputationRep:
    Having never seen a cow lay an egg, I'm gonna say NO.

ReputationRep:
    NO

ReputationRep:
    No, but they're often grouped together. I can remember in primary school eggs would always be in the 'dairy' section of the food pyramid. I guess because they're a non-meat animal product that has lots of fat and protein.. they have a lot in common.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.