The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Easy options for year 2- OR 202 or ID200

Which is easier to score. I understand thatbID 200 requires loads of reading! Syllabus is not too difficult but huge work load not eady to score a first. Can anyone give me a clue for OR202? In terms of difficulty level, work load etc

Thank you
Reply 1
If the examination structure next yr is the same as last yr, then in my view ID200 will be quite easy. You'll be taught around 18 topics throughout the yr (about 9 in semester 1 and 9 in semester 2).Then, in semester 3, we had 2 review sessions whereby in each session we quickly covered the topics which are going to come up in the exam (I.e. the topics on which there'll be questions). They told us which 6 topics out of the 9 from each semester that we'll be tested on (because the exam is split into 2 sections: generally, it is split into Section A with 6 questions from semester 1 topics, and Section B with 6 questions from semester 2 topics. Usually, each question is related to one specific topic, but u can bring a tiny bit from other topics into ur answers yet the main focus shud b on that specific topic).Now, in the exam u must answer 3 questions: one from Section A, one from Section B, and one from a section of your choice either A or B. Now u know from the review session which topics are going to come up in each section, so u can then pick your three topics which u want to study for the exam and focus on those to make sure u know everything on them so that u can answer nearly any question which comes up on those topics very well. Also, u may wanted to revise for one more topic just in case as a backup for wtever reason.Maybe it's a good idea to look at the past exam papers on ID200 so u can get a better idea of wt I'm talking about.PLEASE NOTE: All of this may vary from yr to yr, but if next yr's exam structure is the same as last yr's exam structure, then that's how it'll be. Ask the lecturer of ID200 first if this is the case :smile:
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Original post by Matador1
If the examination structure next yr is the same as last yr, then in my view ID200 will be quite easy. You'll be taught around 18 topics throughout the yr (about 9 in semester 1 and 9 in semester 2).Then, in semester 3, we had 2 review sessions whereby in each session we quickly covered the topics which are going to come up in the exam (I.e. the topics on which there'll be questions). They told us which 6 topics out of the 9 from each semester that we'll be tested on (because the exam is split into 2 sections: generally, it is split into Section A with 6 questions from semester 1 topics, and Section B with 6 questions from semester 2 topics. Usually, each question is related to one specific topic, but u can bring a tiny bit from other topics into ur answers yet the main focus shud b on that specific topic).Now, in the exam u must answer 3 questions: one from Section A, one from Section B, and one from a section of your choice either A or B. Now u know from the review session which topics are going to come up in each section, so u can then pick your three topics which u want to study for the exam and focus on those to make sure u know everything on them so that u can answer nearly any question which comes up on those topics very well. Also, u may wanted to revise for one more topic just in case as a backup for wtever reason.Maybe it's a good idea to look at the past exam papers on ID200 so u can get a better idea of wt I'm talking about.PLEASE NOTE: All of this may vary from yr to yr, but if next yr's exam structure is the same as last yr's exam structure, then that's how it'll be. Ask the lecturer of ID200 first if this is the case :smile:

Thanks so much for that. But the reading list is so appalling for each lecture, I dropped it. Maybe have to reconsider for next year
Reply 3
You're welcome :smile: Yes you're right the reading list is ridiculous. If you decide again to take ID200, in regards to the reading list don't read the entire paper or studies because most of them have discussion, limitations and conclusion sections at the end which summarises the entire reading, so just read those and even from those take out only the mainly important points. Also read the into to understand what the paper is about.

Best of luck with your course of choice and your degree :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by Matador1
You're welcome :smile: Yes you're right the reading list is ridiculous. If you decide again to take ID200, in regards to the reading list don't read the entire paper or studies because most of them have discussion, limitations and conclusion sections at the end which summarises the entire reading, so just read those and even from those take out only the mainly important points. Also read the into to understand what the paper is about.

Best of luck with your course of choice and your degree :biggrin:

Hey ..thanks a lot! Are you in your third year? What are you majoring in?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending