mikepage
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi,

Just thought I would put an early post out to those who get a place on the Sept 2014 Science programme. Whether you are going over next year to look at housing, thinking about finance & banking issues yet, or just a good way to meet people on the same course before heading out.

Be good to hear from you.

Mike
anyaivanovic
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mikepage)
Hi,

Just thought I would put an early post out to those who get a place on the Sept 2014 Science programme. Whether you are going over next year to look at housing, thinking about finance & banking issues yet, or just a good way to meet people on the same course before heading out.

Be good to hear from you.

Mike
Hey!!
I'm looking to apply at Maastricht aswell for 2014, but for International Business I've already looked at houses now, but I haven't gone and visited them yet cause I don't live in Holland.

I have a question, why does my studielink keep expiring?? Even if I haven't even used it..

Thanks and good luck for your studies!
lufc_dan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Definitely interested in applying for 2014 entry to study Economics at Maastricht, just trying to make my mind up whether I could cope with such a change in terms of living for 3 years!
mikepage
Rep:
?
I have be accepted onto the September 2014 programme, really looking forward to it.

The opportunity of living abroad for a few years is really appealing, combined with study is a such a great opportunity.
UK universities certainly have more choice, but for me sitting in endless lectures, writing notes, which I then have to go away and learn again probably wouldn't work for me. So be interesting to see how the PBL and RBL goes...

Studielink can be confusing. I had to put that I was self-funding just to get the application going, but I can still apply for a study loan before I go.

Visited Maastricht in August, had a great feel about it and people seemed very friendly.
3LZ3r0
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey thats great, I'll be seeing you there. By the way did your acceptance come with any conditions?
lufc_dan
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have a few questions, if anyone could answer it'd be a great help!

Do you need anything like a Personal Statement when applying on StudieLink like you do on UCAS?
How are/do people sorting out their accommodation?
When is the deadline for applying?

Thanks!
3LZ3r0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
A PS is required only if your program requires you to do it. Mostly numerus fixus programs i.e. limited seats need it. Either way have it done. In netherlands the motivation letter is the most important qualitative indicator.

Housing not sure...but this topic should gather traction when more offer holders show up on this forum.

Deadline is usually in April for limited seats. Otherwise for non limited- its the last day of the program deadline mentioned on their program site. Either way check the respective program you want to apply to for their deadlines.

Cost of applying lolz for me being an IB diploma holder only 16 USD.
SamWilsn
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi,

I may be a bit confused, but from what I'm reading, I see that the fees are going up from approx 1700 euros to 8500 euros.

Does anyone know if this is true? Hopefully someone can prove me wrong haha
3LZ3r0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
8500 euro is for non euro zone students.

1500 euro is for euro zone students
Tendai_sibz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
hey guys, i've been accepted to the science program starting in Sept 2014 and I'm pretty psyched for the new experience. while I'm at has anyone started looking at housing and if so is anyone considering sharing a flat/apartment

btw I'm Tendai From Zimbabwe
mikepage
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tendai_sibz)
hey guys, i've been accepted to the science program starting in Sept 2014 and I'm pretty psyched for the new experience. while I'm at has anyone started looking at housing and if so is anyone considering sharing a flat/apartment

btw I'm Tendai From Zimbabwe
Hi Tendai,

Good to hear you are on the course also. Are you currently living in Zimbabwe?

I have looked online via the MaastrichtHousing website, but waiting until June or July time before I book somewhere up.

Mike
Nicolenicolova7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey,
I got accepted to the European law school of UM starting in 1 Sept. I also consider sharing a flat or apartment with someone. Do you know there are groups on Facebook with different offers for apartments and houses?

Nicole
mikepage
Rep:
?
Best website is the maastricht housing for finding accommodation, but not sure about communicating with people looking to team up.

Where abouts in the city are you looking?
What type of accommodation are you looking at?
Nicolenicolova7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mikepage)
Best website is the maastricht housing for finding accommodation, but not sure about communicating with people looking to team up.

Where abouts in the city are you looking?
What type of accommodation are you looking at?

Well,

I am looking for shared apartment/house near the Law Faculty or somewhere with good connection to the city center. How about you?
Tendai_sibz
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yea, me too shared apartment/ house, but near the faculty of humanities and sciences

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (130)
59.09%
No (48)
21.82%
Not sure (42)
19.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed