Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I am not a student anymore. I was a student for many years, and that is how I got to know this forum (and I had a different username). I graduated three or four years ago (thus I m still in the 20s), and am indeed lecturing at uni. Still I feel like getting on here, and browsing threads from time to time. How do you feel about this? I meant, if you know your lecturer is also visiting this place?

ReputationRep:
    I'd tell him to give me a good mark or I'd neg him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kiss)
    I'd tell him to give me a good mark or I'd neg him.
    And this is prohibited by the university

ReputationRep:
    Although you're no longer a student, I don't see anything entirely wrong with you being apart of this site as you used it throughout your student years. Although, as I said "you're no longer a student" :confused:
    Personally, I have no problem with it, but I'm one small person

ReputationRep:
    Pretty sure there's a lot of people who aren't students here. Technically I am but I work full time...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iygnahz)
    And this is prohibited by the university
    But not by TSR

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't mind one bit. I think a lecturer is entitled to use TSR, just like any other person.

ReputationRep:
    I have only just joined TSR and I graduated this June.

I've joined to keep in touch with the academic world and generally offer peope help if they want it.

I don't think there is anything wrong with what I am doing, I only have honorouble intentions and I imagine it is the same for you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    I guess its great that lecturers/teachers can use sites like TSR, twitter, Facebook etc. Gives an extra way of students to contact them. Some of the lecturers at my Uni uses Twitter and/or Facebook.

Also this site is for everyone bascially not just students. You can help people with their study, or you can join in the discussion on your hobbies, so there are other things you can do on this site.

ReputationRep:
    I feel violated.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.