Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys;

Well, I went to the video game society at uni yesterday and I only then realised just how DANGEROUS it is there, people can't take losing, at all...

So, have you ever known anyone to take losing to an extreme?

Think I will stick to the anime society, safer and more friendly people... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I live in a house of five guys and one girl so tesosterone gets pretty high.
    We played Monopoly once and when one of the guys lost hard he threw his **** across the room and told us how much he hated another one of my housemates. We pissed ourselves laughing so hard hahaha.

Edit: Ironically he is part of the table-top gaming society too.

ReputationRep:
    Not too surprising that the kind of people who join a vidja games society are the kind of people who take vidja games too seriously

ReputationRep:
    Playing Fifa sometimes gets pretty heated in the flat, but especially when we play a game which involves drinking spirits every time your opponent scores a goal. One Sunday night, my flatmate Dom and I played with a left over bottle of Turkish Raki, a horrible drink which tastes like bitter liquorice, and he had to take 22 shots of the stuff.

Needless to say, he spewed in his tutorial the following morning

ReputationRep:
    No it's not
    it's a very good trait to have.

I've always been (super) competitive, once where the screen shot said "WINNER" on my opponent's board, and "LOSER" on my screen. I was so angry I scratched and screamed at them. :teehee:

Still a sad memory (losing that is) :sad:

(Original post by CJKay)
    I live in a house of five guys and one girl so tesosterone gets pretty high.
    We played Monopoly once and when one of the guys lost hard he threw his **** across the room and told us how much he hated another one of my housemates. We pissed ourselves laughing so hard hahaha.

Edit: Ironically he is part of the table-top gaming society too.
    You're all bullyies.

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha.

Pretty sure as a kid I used to routinely attack my older siblings when they thrashed me on Tekken / Soul Calibur...

It seems like maybe you've got an unlucky bunch there. I played War Thunder with my uni's gaming society the other night and it was very much a civilised affair with no stropping! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rananagirl)
    Hahaha.

Pretty sure as a kid I used to routinely attack my older siblings when they thrashed me on Tekken / Soul Calibur...

It seems like maybe you've got an unlucky bunch there. I played War Thunder with my uni's gaming society the other night and it was very much a civilised affair with no stropping! :p:
    I originally read that as "no stripping" and was wondering "how's that a good thing?" =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CJKay)
    We played Monopoly once
    You needn't say any more.

Monopoly was banned in my home...I disowned my sister once during a game!

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.