Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I have been delaying getting my provisional for ages as it meant that I had to send off my passport and I needed that for 18+ stuff. However I have just sent everything off forgetting that on the 19th of October I am going to a top club event which I will need my ID for. I have emailed the club asking if they accept Citizen Cards as I have explained the situation however, what the hell do I do if they don't? Will an old passport work? Someone help me!

I sent everything first class with a signed for envelope enclosed in order for them to send it quickly to me but I am paying via cheque so may take a while surely?

ReputationRep:
    They shouldn't do. My friend got rejected with a citizen card to a tiny club. Just keep your fingers crossed, mine came in a couple of weeks.

ReputationRep:
    An old passport probably won't work, and most places don't accept Citizen Cards. You could bring your birth certificate, but they might not accept that either. Otherwise, just hope for the best. It will probably come in a few weeks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by withlove)
    I have been delaying getting my provisional for ages as it meant that I had to send off my passport and I needed that for 18+ stuff. However I have just sent everything off forgetting that on the 19th of October I am going to a top club event which I will need my ID for. I have emailed the club asking if they accept Citizen Cards as I have explained the situation however, what the hell do I do if they don't? Will an old passport work? Someone help me!

I sent everything first class with a signed for envelope enclosed in order for them to send it quickly to me but I am paying via cheque so may take a while surely?
    Firstly you shouldn't need to send off your passport to get a provisional, I only had to give the number. Secondly they may accept an old passport but there is no guarentee. The only things they are guarenteed to accept are a driving licence and in date passport. Afraid if they say no there isn't anything you can do.

ReputationRep:
    You could take the expired passport and the citizen card, it adds to the chances of getting in

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    You shouldn't have needed to send your passport of to apply for a provisional license, a birth certificate is enough.

You should phone up DVLA to ask if they have received your application and ask if its possible to have your passport sent back ASAP.

Meanwhile, phone the club, explain the situation and let them know what evidence you do have .

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Why won't they accept an old passport? You haven't stopped being over the age of 21 once it's expired and it's only a club, not some tropical resort. Plus doubt they look at the date anyway and only your birth date and photo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutedmirth)
    Why won't they accept an old passport? You haven't stopped being over the age of 21 once it's expired and it's only a club, not some tropical resort. Plus doubt they look at the date anyway and only your birth date and photo.
    some clubs are fussy about it and won't accept them.

ReputationRep:
    Old passport most likely won't work for a club. I wasn't even served in a pub with an old passport. However, I sent away for my passport renewal on a Thursday and it came on the following Tuesday - hopefully yours is as quick!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Which are you more likely to lend to an underage friend: a valid passport that will cost loads to replace, or an expired one that is worth nothing to you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BANS2012)
    You shouldn't have needed to send your passport of to apply for a provisional license, a birth certificate is enough.
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    It said on the application that a birth certificate is not enough proof and will need another piece of evidence, hence why I sent both.

May ring up and ask if they can send it back to me as quickly as possible once everything is processed. The club said they accept Citizen Cards but gonna cost me £30 for urgency and sucks a bit when its totally unnecessary as I will never use it again?

ReputationRep:
    Because people would happily sell/ give away old passports to underage people if they were accepted as ID.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by withlove)
    It said on the application that a birth certificate is not enough proof and will need another piece of evidence, hence why I sent both.

May ring up and ask if they can send it back to me as quickly as possible once everything is processed. The club said they accept Citizen Cards but gonna cost me £30 for urgency and sucks a bit when its totally unnecessary as I will never use it again?
    thats very odd. did you apply online? i never had to send anything off

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.