mathez11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hey guys,

I just did the online tests for the IBD summer analyst opening at UBS. I'm not sure whether or not I passed. Do you get an instant rejection by mail if you fail the online tests or do they keep you in the dark for months?

Thanks!
PrincePauper
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by mathez11)
Hey guys,

I just did the online tests for the IBD summer analyst opening at UBS. I'm not sure whether or not I passed. Do you get an instant rejection by mail if you fail the online tests or do they keep you in the dark for months?

Thanks!
Check your inbox tomorrow morning. If no rejection, you have passed

Just after seven o'clock to be precise. Their automated process sends daily rejections at that time
mathez11
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
(Original post by PrincePauper)
Check your inbox tomorrow morning. If no rejection, you have passed

Just after seven o'clock to be precise. Their automated process sends daily rejections at that time
Thanks mate
Kinstak
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi mates!
Took the test yesterday and today morning got rejected. I am pretty much sure that I aced the NRT and got a pretty decent mark in the Inductive test.
May just be that the division is full?

" 2014 Summer Intern Program - Corporate Client Solutions - London"

Any clue no how to get a retest?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
surfmonkey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, the division is not full. You probably screwed up one of the tests.

And no, you are not allowed to reapply or retest for the same position.
Kinstak
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
May be in another division?

Posted from TSR Mobile
surfmonkey
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just check on their homepage what their policy for multiple applications is. Some allow you two submit multiple applications for different divisions/locations, whereas others only permit one application per recruiting season.

The only thing that is certain is that you won't be able to apply for the same position again.
scintellata
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
In my University (in Germany), I have known a student from Economics and Marketing Bachelor Program (it is one of the Non-Quantitative track) who cleared the test. But back in 2010, fresh after Masters I could not, in spite of the fact that I took a good amount of preparation and my Masters course (Quantitative Economics) was rigorously Mathematical. After 3 years of experience with a German Asset Management Firm, I was contacted by UBS for a similar role. I was asked to take the test as part of first level assessment. And guess what, I cleared the test without any preparation. Now I am sure that UBS uses these tests to reject speculative applications. They have this Online Test to show that they have an objective method of assessment. But the real recruitment happens through personal reference.
PS: In another large Insurance Firm, I have heard that candidates were asked to write the preliminary Online test / Essay on Motivation etc after he got selected in the Interview.
Online tests are often there because of Audit requirements. Not necessarily as a recruitment tool.
DerPumuckl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by scintellata)
In my University (in Germany), I have known a student from Economics and Marketing Bachelor Program (it is one of the Non-Quantitative track) who cleared the test. But back in 2010, fresh after Masters I could not, in spite of the fact that I took a good amount of preparation and my Masters course (Quantitative Economics) was rigorously Mathematical. After 3 years of experience with a German Asset Management Firm, I was contacted by UBS for a similar role. I was asked to take the test as part of first level assessment. And guess what, I cleared the test without any preparation. Now I am sure that UBS uses these tests to reject speculative applications. They have this Online Test to show that they have an objective method of assessment. But the real recruitment happens through personal reference.
PS: In another large Insurance Firm, I have heard that candidates were asked to write the preliminary Online test / Essay on Motivation etc after he got selected in the Interview.
Online tests are often there because of Audit requirements. Not necessarily as a recruitment tool.
They use the scores from the online tests, I can assure you.
a443s
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Kinstak)
Hi mates!
Took the test yesterday and today morning got rejected. I am pretty much sure that I aced the NRT and got a pretty decent mark in the Inductive test.
May just be that the division is full?

" 2014 Summer Intern Program - Corporate Client Solutions - London"

Any clue no how to get a retest?

Cheers

Posted from TSR Mobile
This is exactly what I thought, and I got a rejection also. I think UBS are making a mistake in assessing applicants in this way, especially when you consider how more prestigious banks such as Goldman Sachs do not use tests like this. It doesn't really make sense if UBS are using this method due to receiving a 'large number' of applications either, because other banks such as GS receive way more applications.
DerPumuckl
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by a443s)
This is exactly what I thought, and I got a rejection also. I think UBS are making a mistake in assessing applicants in this way, especially when you consider how more prestigious banks such as Goldman Sachs do not use tests like this. It doesn't really make sense if UBS are using this method due to receiving a 'large number' of applications either, because other banks such as GS receive way more applications.
How do you know GS receive more applications? Actually, considering UBS has ~ roughly twice as many employees (60,000 vs. 35,000 i believe), i would wager a guess that UBS gets more applications in absolute numbers.
raskwesi
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do the tests differ depending on which department you apply for? E.g. Is a numerical test for compliance easier than one for IB?
ihategeography
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
i gotta do a numerical and logical reasoning test for an industrial placement... has anyone passed this stage of the process for industrial placements, also any tips would be grateful
Outsanity
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by raskwesi)
Do the tests differ depending on which department you apply for? E.g. Is a numerical test for compliance easier than one for IB?
Same tests as far as I know, required pass marks/standards will be different. Not sure if you need to do the logic test for all divisions either.
Mirl
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hello everyone, do you know if we are supposed to take both numeracy and cultural tests together, or we can do one first day and another tomorrow?

Thank you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (13)
6.67%
They might tell the bully (20)
10.26%
I don't think they'd understand (33)
16.92%
It might lead to more bullying (71)
36.41%
There's nothing they could do (58)
29.74%

Watched Threads