Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone! Is there anyone out there also participating in NaNoWriMo this year? If you are, I've just started a new youtube channel where I will make daily videos of my NaNoWriMo process, so you might be interested in watching someone else attempt it! Here's the link!http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCR88D_BxlBeYoFD9DpCCEMg I hope to see some of you in the NaNo forums

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I'll be doing it. Not that I have much choice, I've got a bunch of kids who will never let me forget it if they beat me.

ReputationRep:
    I'll try it but I have significantly less time than previous so have even less chance of finishing it, not that I've ever finished before.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be doing it for the first time! Can't wait

ReputationRep:
    I'm considering it (it'd be my first time) but I can't think of any good ideas. I can think of ones that other people would like but I just want to do something novel...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom_green_day)
    I'm considering it (it'd be my first time) but I can't think of any good ideas. I can think of ones that other people would like but I just want to do something novel...
    Just start writing. Get a novel coming, and making it novel will come naturally as you go. I'm sorry, that was an awful pun.

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing it for the first time this year! It starts in 24 hours where I am and I still don't know what to write!

ReputationRep:
    3rd time now - on a new profile though since I can't even remember the email address I used last time never mind my password!!! Just gotta come up with a plot now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementine101)
    I'm doing it for the first time this year! It starts in 24 hours where I am and I still don't know what to write!
    That's fairly standard - a couple of years ago, I wrote my entire novel based on a dream I had on the night of the 30th of October.

ReputationRep:
    I've got my plot and in the shower I came up with what could either be the whole book (over 50k words) or a sequel.

ReputationRep:
    Also, become my buddy! My username is akate

ReputationRep:
    4th time writer here I have no plot whatsoever but I've written about 800 words out of nothing... fingers crossed I get a plot sorted soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So that's day one over, how much has everyone done?

ReputationRep:
    67 words :/

ReputationRep:
    I am writing without a plot and one character. Oh this is going to be absolutely fabulous in a week's time when I'm stuck for ideas! Done a good 2,000 odd words though so we'll see where it takes me! I'm slacking compared to previous years though, I seem to recall writing 10k on the first day last year!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope)
    I am writing without a plot and one character. Oh this is going to be absolutely fabulous in a week's time when I'm stuck for ideas! Done a good 2,000 odd words though so we'll see where it takes me! I'm slacking compared to previous years though, I seem to recall writing 10k on the first day last year!
    Jesus. As I posted above, I wrote 67 words on the first day. I'm hoping inspiration will strike and I'll go into a 'cant. stop. writing' mode.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anna-Jack-Hope)
    Yeah I'm winging it as well somewhat. I started off with an idea, sort of, and now I'm just making it up as I go along which is just unusual for me. Usually I hold off on writing because I feel more inclined to plan and research first. I've never just gone for it. I've done about a thousand words or just over. Still under my daily average though by about five or six hundred words, I'll have to make up for it over the weekend.
    I started it last year but then I had a really busy month at work. By the time I started to pick it up again there was about twelve days left and I had only written about four thousands words. No chance. Not when you work a 9-5 job five days a week and do everything else in between.
    Best of luck either way.

ReputationRep:
    I've just seen a video on youtube by some woman who wants to write two separate novels for NaNoWriMo within the month. That's nuts.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    I wrote 5k in 24 hours.
    I would have wrote more, but I went out with my family and my eyes where killing me after I saw the optician.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clementine101)
    Jesus. As I posted above, I wrote 67 words on the first day. I'm hoping inspiration will strike and I'll go into a 'cant. stop. writing' mode.
    You'll get there. My first year I spent the last 3 days of the month using Write or Die to hit the 50k! Got there...just.

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    Yeah I'm winging it as well somewhat. I started off with an idea, sort of, and now I'm just making it up as I go along which is just unusual for me. Usually I hold off on writing because I feel more inclined to plan and research first. I've never just gone for it. I've done about a thousand words or just over. Still under my daily average though by about five or six hundred words, I'll have to make up for it over the weekend.
    I started it last year but then I had a really busy month at work. By the time I started to pick it up again there was about twelve days left and I had only written about four thousands words. No chance. Not when you work a 9-5 job five days a week and do everything else in between.
    Best of luck either way.
    Yeah, uni is requiring way more of my time than college ever did, even though I'm not working so we'll see how it goes. Good luck to you too!

(Original post by thunder_chunky)
    I've just seen a video on youtube by some woman who wants to write two separate novels for NaNoWriMo within the month. That's nuts.
    I've seen it done! My little sister managed it last year, it's ridiculously hard but she did it. One was a supernatural type thing and the other a murder mystery. They were pretty good actually. Definitely nuts to try it though!

(Original post by Midnightmemories)
    I wrote 5k in 24 hours.
    I would have wrote more, but I went out with my family and my eyes where killing me after I saw the optician.
    Congrats!! Good start Maybe ease up for a few days if your eyes are still sore though.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: December 3, 2013
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered creative corner threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.