Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering, do you have to have an interview to get into college? Quite a few of my friends are having their interviews soon but i know none of my family had any interviews to get into college..

ReputationRep:
    My college interviews people but its purely to go over existing qualifications and any support you may need.

I guess it may be different for courses particularly if you're a mature student but I doubt it's anything worth worrying about.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    i had a sort of interview to apply to the sixth form i am in now, but it was very informal and just confirmed the grades i got for GCSE, what subjects i wanted to study for A level and asked if i needed any extra support, it was more for my own success than actually gaining a place

ReputationRep:
    Not all colleges need interviews. Most of the information I've read on the colleges I'm applying to are that the interviews are just there to help us confirm our A Level subject choices so that it suits our future career paths I imagine they're going to be pretty informal as it'll mostly depend on your GCSE grades whether you get in or not

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.