darker snorlax
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
hello,

Due to circumstances i have to teach myself A2 economics in my A2 year. I have looked at the syllabus and seen that the compulsory unit f585 ( global economy) has something to do with a pre-released case study. I just wanted to know that despite this is it still possible to self-teach this unit, if so how would i go about doing it?

Feedback much appreciated
ross95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Talking to last year's upper sixth, I think that the teacher does a lot of the work for you in telling you possible questions, and noting down key points.
darker snorlax
I know but unfortunately there is no teacher for economics at my school anymore. I have the A2 economics textbook for ocr, i can access the past papers but i wont have a teacher regardless. How could i teach myself a module that requires a pre-release case study
ross95
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In all honestly i think it will be very hard without extensive economics knowledge. However like I said this is based off what I've heard from people who've done the course but is by no means a certainty.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Inevitable
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by darker snorlax)
I know but unfortunately there is no teacher for economics at my school anymore. I have the A2 economics textbook for ocr, i can access the past papers but i wont have a teacher regardless. How could i teach myself a module that requires a pre-release case study
Get the OCR A2 textbook and the Anforme revision guide - it's all you need. As long as you go through the whole textbook and summarise it - then do past-papers - with the mark schemes, you can pretty much guarantee yourself a B.

For the F585 unit (pre-release case-study) you should use the tutor2u or APT guide - they make a guide of which possible questions can come up. The APT guide is better and costs around £60.

As for the other A2 unit you have a choice between F583 and F584 - which one are you doing?
darker snorlax
sorry for the late reply there was something wrong with my account. Im doing f583- economics of work and leisure
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (25)
29.76%
No (59)
70.24%

Watched Threads