Turn on thread page Beta

Peanut butter for bulking watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey so I'm looking to replace milk with something else to see if it has any effect on my acne and was told that a peanut butter and banana sandwich was a good way to go? How many cals in one these bad boys approx? And which brand is the best/ most healthiest?

ReputationRep:
    Depends how big your banana is.

Depends how much peanut butter you use.

Depends what bread and how much bread you use.

To sum up: no one knows (or cares) how many calories. Work it out yourself based on quantities/brands you use.

Healthiest brand is whole earth. Supermarket brand is pumped with sugar.

ReputationRep:
    I always thought peanuts were bad for acne? So you'd probably do well to avoid peanut butter.

ReputationRep:
    Cutting out dairy and gluten has done amazing wonders for my acne, contrary to the lack of research about it (which a lot of doctors conclude as evidence against it). Only problem is that I now find it hard to eat enough to maintain weight/strength.

Peanut butters with no vegetable/hydrogenated oils will be the best choice. Though I haven't seen any like that anyway. It's mainly the US where they put hydrogenated fat in everything.

If you want to replace milk, then just buy soy/rice/almond milk. I actually prefer the taste of soy over regular anyway. Though it is slightly more expensive.

Edit: never tried a banana+PB sandwich. Sounds like a dodgy combo though lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TooEasy123)
    Cutting out dairy and gluten has done amazing wonders for my acne, contrary to the lack of research about it (which a lot of doctors conclude as evidence against it). Only problem is that I now find it hard to eat enough to maintain weight/strength.

Peanut butters with no vegetable/hydrogenated oils will be the best choice. Though I haven't seen any like that anyway. It's mainly the US where they put hydrogenated fat in everything.

If you want to replace milk, then just buy soy/rice/almond milk. I actually prefer the taste of soy over regular anyway. Though it is slightly more expensive.

Edit: never tried a banana+PB sandwich. Sounds like a dodgy combo though lol.
    Exactly this! It's so convenient and awesome Nothing even comes close to it. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll definitely check out almond milk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zuki)
    Hey so I'm looking to replace milk with something else to see if it has any effect on my acne and was told that a peanut butter and banana sandwich was a good way to go? How many cals in one these bad boys approx? And which brand is the best/ most healthiest?
    Advice is typically just to eat the peanut butter or blend into a shake. Not sure I've seen advice to put it into sandwiches.

http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutr.../10530743.html

5700+ kcal per tub. Supermarket stuff will often have loads of salt in, the MP one has no added salt.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure about replacing milk with peanut butter and banana sandwiches (which are delish btw ) as someone said, definitely go with soy milk! But I eat peanut butter often for protein/healthy fats/general deliciousness and if you wanted to add it to your diet I'd recommend: http://www.hollandandbarrett.com/pag...89&prodid=5038

Their almond butter is awesome too

ReputationRep:
    think about the poor Heart and clogged arteries ..oh dear !

ReputationRep:
    Dan John recommends peanut butter and jelly (jam) sandwiches. From personal experience it's much more doable than all this bloody milk drinking advocated since 2007.

ReputationRep:
    Anything's good for bulking if it's nutritious and fits into your macros/calories, but yeah peanut butter is good stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bonmot)
    think about the poor Heart and clogged arteries ..oh dear !
    Go away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shawshank)
    Go away.
    you don't like my opinion ..thats fine, pls do not ask me to go away cos I am entitled to say what I feel , i am a medic I know what I am on about

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, Please do not do this. Do not eat peanut banana more than once, twice a week. Well here is my story. Wanted to eat a healthy lunch. for two weeks ate PB+B sandwich for lunch. peanuts blocked my system & had the WORST diarrhea in my life. I thought i was gonna die, This was serious. I do not have any peanut allergy like howard from tbbt but peanut builds up in your gut and u will have to suffer.

if you wanna bulk get advice from bodybuilding forum where people are actually bulking and cutting on regular basis.

ReputationRep:
    you don't like my opinion ..thats fine, pls do not ask me to go away cos I am entitled to say what I feel , i am a medic I know what I am on about
    Clearly not, you say it yourself that it's an opinion & therefore not a fact.

ReputationRep:
    Peanut butter sandwich plus a pint of milk is what I eat for breakfast when I'm in a rush

Milk is the drink of champions!
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Good for you, mate.

Eating a responsible amount of peanut butter is not going to give you atherosclerotic disease, OP. Dw.

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.