Turn on thread page Beta

How to get over a guy watch

Announcements

OK so this is pretty long but I have never felt like this before:
    I've always thought that if a guy didn't fit in with my "particular/ideal" kind of guy then I wasn't really interested in them. But recently I had to work with a guy for like 4 days who didn't fit my type but I felt was so perfect for me if that makes sense. The first 2 days I was kind of sad and confused about being around him because it seemed like he disapproved of me and hated me without really getting to know me but as the days went on, it seemed that he at least liked having me around. Yeah he had some bad points but I accepted that and felt that when he was happy I felt happy. On the last day of work, he didn't really say anything to me except bye and I felt like I had just been brushed aside?! I went home feeling so sad and wanting to cry my eyes out :cry: i tried to get back to studying and forget about him but I couldn't- i would literally think about him everyday Today I had to go back and see him and I was so nervous beforehand wondering if I was wearing the right clothes, if my hair was ok etc, but I don't think he even noticed :cry2: This didn't stop me from feeling happy the rest of the day just because he talked to me for a couple of minutes but now I feel sad about whether I will see him again. I sound like a complete numpty but I don't understand what I'm feeling- is it a crush, infatuation etc? I know it will probably never happen but I wish he would have given me one chance but I know he'll probably find a girl who is so much better than me and that sucks :cry2:. Can anyone explain to me what I'm feeling and how to get over it?

ReputationRep:
    crushes are mild infatuations- you've got one, dear

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure you will get over him. There are lots of other fishes in the sea!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 26, 2013
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.